It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Well the underpinnings are not any different than the KJ so nothing has changed there, still can wheel as good as the KJs . As far as the body I for one never liked the looks of the KK really, I just like the size and style of the KJ better. Plus the fact mine for example doesn't have all of the dang electronics that KKs have. I don't need all of that so another reason not to but "any" new one just not the KK.
So for me two things overall looks and the amount of unnecessary extras
Nothing against any one who owns them, some have built them to where they actually look pretty good , guess stock ones is more what I dislike the looks of.

Looking through at all the good folks no longer on here
Rush RIP my friend

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:25 am
Posts: 620
Location: San Antonio, Tx
tommudd wrote:
Well the underpinnings are not any different than the KJ so nothing has changed there, still can wheel as good as the KJs . As far as the body I for one never liked the looks of the KK really, I just like the size and style of the KJ better. Plus the fact mine for example doesn't have all of the dang electronics that KKs have. I don't need all of that so another reason not to but "any" new one just not the KK.
So for me two things overall looks and the amount of unnecessary extras
Nothing against any one who owns them, some have built them to where they actually look pretty good , guess stock ones is more what I dislike the looks of.

Looking through at all the good folks no longer on here
Rush RIP my friend

That's the kind of response I'm looking for Tom. Everyone has their preferences. In always loved the look of the XJ's so I'm naturally more drawn to the body styling of the KK. While the electronics can be annoying, I find the BLD to be very effective here on the central Texas rocks, of course no comparison to actual lockers.
unfortunately I wasn't around back then to meet all of the old members. I wish they were still around though.

_________________
(The worst thing you can do to a Jeep...is never taking it off road.)
'15 WK2 Ecodiesel Overland (My Overland rig)
'11 Green KK Renegade (My Crawler!)
Texans, come join us at Lone Star LOST!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/253493118163702?ref=bookmark&_rdr


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Personal tastes
I had 3 of the old Bobtail Broncos back in the 70s/early 80s, loved them and still do , when they made them larger I didn't like them as well although I owned a 79, after that couldn't stand them.
Owned 3 XJs , they were good for what they were, cheap / run along time with the right maintenance but never thought the KKs were anything like a XJ.

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Unveiling of the 08 Liberty
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:14 pm
Posts: 2377
Location: Lindenhurst, New York
tommudd wrote:
Personal tastes
I had 3 of the old Bobtail Broncos back in the 70s/early 80s, loved them and still do , when they made them larger I didn't like them as well although I owned a 79, after that couldn't stand them.
Owned 3 XJs , they were good for what they were, cheap / run along time with the right maintenance but never thought the KKs were anything like a XJ.


That's exactly what it is, personal tastes. Like Tom brought up Broncos. He likes the early Broncos, I on the other hand appreciate a well built early Bronco, but would probably never want one. However, I LOVE full size Broncos specifically 78-86. I also prefer the looks of the KK over the KJ. Aside from that I think we lucked out on the rear suspension. Seems we got lucky not having to deal with the y-link etc.

_________________
2011 Deep Cherry Red KK - Skyslider - JBA/Bilstein Adjust-A-Strut set at 3.5" - OME 731 Rear Springs - Bilstein Rear Shocks - Al's A-arms - 245/75-16 Duratracs - Rock Liazard Super Sliders


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com