It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Worst Fuel Mileage KJ!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:54 pm 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
I did it, I finally have th worst mileage KJ. Marty and I accomplished this task very easily yesterday...

I got 3.5 MPG in town. How?? Easy, carbuerated V-8 power :twisted: !!!!



































:wink:















No not really, one of my evap system hoses is leaking, and I guess it is causing the decline in power and MPG, only code I have is P044 (minor evap system leak) Part costs $40, half tank of gas to go about 25 miles $25, I think I will buy the part...

But really, could you imagine an AMC 360 TH400 Dana 44's front and rear on a KJ... :twisted: If I roll it it may come....

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:53 am
Posts: 74
Location: Glendale ,CA.
wow,, i cant believe it made you lose so many mpg,, but foresure replacing the part is the way to go, it will pay for itself in 50 miles.. lol

_________________
2003 Liberty Renegade 4x4 Auto.
Frankenlifted w/ R.E. Control Arms
BoulderBars, Mopar Skid's
245/75/16 MTR's
Cobra 75WX, 4' Firefly
BRX Hoses, Clear Corner Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:08 am
Posts: 225
Location: Wisconsin
3.5 mpg LOL that's horrible! That's about a buck a mile!

_________________
Early '02 Limited, Steel Blue, White Guts


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:17 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Which hose was it? I noticed my wifes KJ running sluggish and burning fuel faster than ever yesterday and I am betting it is a similar reason. Considering hers is an 04 w/ only 7,000 miles on it I wonder if I pinched a hose while working on it. No codes either. :roll: Hmmm.....

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com