| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Window tinting http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10484 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | BiB [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | Window tinting |
How hard is it to remove the two front door panels and which tint give you the same look as the factory glass??? |
|
| Author: | JFortier777 [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I believe factory is 35%. I did my fronts at 30% just because I dont like people looking at me, lol. |
|
| Author: | auggy [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm going to have 35% installed on the fronts on tuesday but the legal limit in ohio is 50% so I'm sort of worried |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have 15% on my fronts and it looks perfect. What are you talking about taking the door panels off? Just go and get them tinted. And why is that so funny. |
|
| Author: | JFortier777 [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
auggy wrote: I'm going to have 35% installed on the fronts on tuesday but the legal limit in ohio is 50% so I'm sort of worried
In michigan we have stupid rules all over. Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield. Front Side Windows Any darkness can be applied 4" inches from the top of the window. Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used. Rear Window Any darkness can be used. I dont care, and most police are not going to pull you over for it since they dont really care either. However if you get pulled over and mouth off, you can pretty much bet that you will get written up for the windows too. |
|
| Author: | auggy [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah our laws are similar .. We can have any darkness on the rear windows but the fronts are 50% (except that it can't be reflective anywhere). And the windshield is the same. I would never mouth off if I were stopped, my only worry is that my town cops are pretty bored because there is never anything for them to do and being 17 they are looking for me to do something wrong. I might go a bit lighter. |
|
| Author: | MikeD0106 [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jeepjeepster wrote: I have 15% on my fronts and it looks perfect. What are you talking about taking the door panels off? Just go and get them tinted. And why is that so funny.
My thoughts exactly... I think we're missing something. |
|
| Author: | kolesy [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where can you find out what your state laws are regarding this type of stuff? |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/ Google rules. |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Anyway, the police officer informed me that my tinted side windows were illegal. As a good will gesture, he didn't ticket me, but told me if he saw me again, and I hadn't removed the tint, he'd have to do so. The dealership removed the tint, without charge. Long story-short, MOST police will not say anything. HOWEVER, in small towns, where they might be bored............. p.s. I found out that if the tint had been a factory tint, meaning 'in-the-glass' as opposed to applied tint, or on-the-glass, I would have been OK. |
|
| Author: | VTNomad [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Stock tint? |
Any idea what the stock tint values are? |
|
| Author: | 05kjrenny [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i had mine 20 percent and it matched fine, stock tint had a brownish tint but aftermarket tint had more of a grayish tint inside, outside matched fine [img][img]http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7408/renny009ke9.jpg[/img][/img] |
|
| Author: | JFortier777 [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
05kjrenny wrote: i had mine 20 percent and it matched fine, stock tint had a brownish tint but aftermarket tint had more of a grayish tint inside, outside matched fine
Mine is exactly the same situation. Not bad by any means, but I noticed immediately. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mines the same looking out from the inside. |
|
| Author: | auggy [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If 20% is the stock value then I think I should be fine with 35% on the fronts .. it just has to look like I followed the laws by making the front lighter than the back .. right? |
|
| Author: | 05kjrenny [ Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
because the back is so dark the lighter tint on the front will appear darker! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|