LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Head Unit Install Questions..
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10493
Page 1 of 1

Author:  K9tuckers03KJ [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Head Unit Install Questions..

Not sure if I should post this here or in electronics so I'll apologize in advance. I have an 03 KJ and I had a after market head unit in my 2000 Cherokee. Nothing fancy just a medium end Pioneer the girlfriend got me. I was thinking about putting it in the KJ but how hard is it? I'm sure others on here have done it. I was trying to figure out how to get the center part of the dash off but didn't really figure it out. Does anyone out there have any thought or opinions positive or negative? and can anyone help with the install question?

Thanks!!!! 8)

Author:  nickmv [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Install is very easy. To get the center trim piece off, take out 1 screw where the ashtray is (if you dont have an ashtray, then the spot by the cigarette lighter outlet). Then take a student id or credit card, and push it in the gap between the center piece and the dash, and work with it till it pops out 4 tabs around the piece. You'll probably wanna unhook a few connectors to the A/C controls to get the piece out further. Wiring will be your toughest job, since you have to wire to a 3rd party head unit. Good luck with it.

Author:  Saber [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Walmart has the plug in wire harness for the KJ, and the trim piece (installation kit). Just take the plug from the head unit, and splice the wire to the after market plug. Then pull your stock unit out unhook the plug. Hook up the after market harness to the stock plug and your good to go
To get the center piece off there's one screw by the power port you take that out, and then take a thin blade screw drive and pop the trim piece off
It took me about 20mins to put my Pioneer in


Edit: Here a link to the wire harness I'm talking about
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-CAVfUZlnBt ... =120706502

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Idk what you all do with a credit card and a screw driver, I just pull mine from the bottom and it pops right off. I done this about 10 times now.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/