It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: headlights that bright?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:09 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:20 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Kitchener Ontario
So i've had my libby for a week now, and almost every time i drive on a 2 lane highway at night, i have people flash their high beams at me thinking i've forgot to turn mine off....so i flash them back :twisted:

anyone else get this?

_________________
1997 BMW M3/4
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:19 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:38 pm
Posts: 1146
Location: Twentynine Palms, CA
Their just saying hi, awesome Jeep there. :lol:

_________________
Will
05 Limited 4x4 Franky II Al's A-arms Black Moabs with MTR's Remote Start SOLD
06 TJ Rubicon Built
06 Dodge 2500 Diesel - Tow Pig
89 Wrangler not much left stock on it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: headlights that bright?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:53 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Hair_MD wrote:
So i've had my libby for a week now, and almost every time i drive on a 2 lane highway at night, i have people flash their high beams at me thinking i've forgot to turn mine off....so i flash them back :twisted:

anyone else get this?


Alot of times you will get this from little cars that are low to the ground.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:19 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:56 pm
Posts: 1830
Location: Spokane, WA
I had the exact same problem. I switched to SilverStars and now the flash a lot more. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Dave

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:53 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:59 am
Posts: 707
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Oh yeah...I get that ALL the time....a little irritating to the eyes.....especially being lifted!!! I've been tempted on occasion to flash my overheads at them! :lol:

_________________
"Earth first, we'll Jeep the other planets later"

-2007 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.

Overland Expeditions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:30 pm
Posts: 458
zeero wrote:
Oh yeah...I get that ALL the time....a little irritating to the eyes.....especially being lifted!!! I've been tempted on occasion to flash my overheads at them! :lol:


I flash my overhead lights all the time, It's better when it's a truck though b/c now that she's lifted they kinda just go right over. Last night a car was comming down the road and deffinatly had their high beams on, so I turned on the overheads, it turns out the car happened to have red & blue flashing lights and a siren too.............weird? :twisted:

_________________
New 2008 Jeep Libby 4X4 on 22s!!!
12" Sub, Pioneer Head Unit, Pioneer Door Speakers, Lineage Motorsport Ground kit, Borla Exhaust, Carbon Fiber CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943514/1

2004 Renny 4X4-Lifted on 32's!! IS NOW RETIRED
2.5" RRO OTT Lift & 32" BFG LT's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205322


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:46 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Hermitage, PA
zeero wrote:
Oh yeah...I get that ALL the time....a little irritating to the eyes.....especially being lifted!!! I've been tempted on occasion to flash my overheads at them! :lol:


That's what I usually do...stupid small cars...

_________________
-nate
LOST#NL068123 - 2005 Renegade 3.7L 4x4, Off-Road Package, Rock Rails, Skids, Command-Trac, Trac-Loc LSD, Light Bar, K&N Drop in Filter, AMSOIL LUBES, RRO's Diff Guard for 8.25", Frankenlift, & Goodyear MT/R's
Cardomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
FL RENNY wrote:
zeero wrote:
Oh yeah...I get that ALL the time....a little irritating to the eyes.....especially being lifted!!! I've been tempted on occasion to flash my overheads at them! :lol:


I flash my overhead lights all the time, It's better when it's a truck though b/c now that she's lifted they kinda just go right over. Last night a car was comming down the road and deffinatly had their high beams on, so I turned on the overheads, it turns out the car happened to have red & blue flashing lights and a siren too.............weird? :twisted:


:lol:

Did he pull you or anything? Thats a good one!

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:38 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
FL RENNY wrote:
turns out the car happened to have red & blue flashing lights and a siren too.............


Image

Hate it when that happens. :lol:

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 249
Location: MI (metro detroit area)
I was driving around town following a friend of mine who drives a little foriegn car, two weeks ago. I have 80/100 watt headlights and after about two miles he refused to drive in front of me claiming something about 'permanent retina damage" or something LOL.

_________________
~Miah~

2005 Liberty Renegade Dk Khaki
Stock

Pics!
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:26 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
Nah... He was just afraid you would run him over. :lol:

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:35 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:42 am
Posts: 397
zeero wrote:
Oh yeah...I get that ALL the time....a little irritating to the eyes.....especially being lifted!!! I've been tempted on occasion to flash my overheads at them! :lol:


Given one's profession, is that acceptable?? :D :D :D

_________________
[_|_, [""""""]
l--- L---ollllllo-
( )_)-( )_)-o-)_) Liberator

....o_o_o_o
../| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L--↨|||||||↨
()_)¯ ()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

(\__/)
(='.'=) <]{
(")_(")

( . )( . )

Hare on my Chest


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:00 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:30 pm
Posts: 458
LOL no I didn't get pulled over, he just turned on his lights and hit "quick siren." You know the one that goes "whoop whoop" or something like that :lol:, to kind of say....do you know who you are messing with? 8)

_________________
New 2008 Jeep Libby 4X4 on 22s!!!
12" Sub, Pioneer Head Unit, Pioneer Door Speakers, Lineage Motorsport Ground kit, Borla Exhaust, Carbon Fiber CAI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943514/1

2004 Renny 4X4-Lifted on 32's!! IS NOW RETIRED
2.5" RRO OTT Lift & 32" BFG LT's
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2205322


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:41 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:18 pm
Posts: 114
If you lift you should reset the headlight alignment. If others are flashing at you, have the headlight alignment checked.

For those who like to flash the overheads, come to WI and I'll introduce you to the WI finest. Its illegal to use off-road lights on the road and it is illegal to use your lights as weapons. Grow up guys, you share the road with a lot of people and you owe it to everyone to act in the publics interest. Its crap like this that gives 4x4s a bad name and causes the public to want to restrict us and our hobby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 500
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Grow up...Its crap like this...


Amen brother!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:06 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
LimitedLurker wrote:
If you lift you should reset the headlight alignment. If others are flashing at you, have the headlight alignment checked.

For those who like to flash the overheads, come to WI and I'll introduce you to the WI finest. Its illegal to use off-road lights on the road and it is illegal to use your lights as weapons. Grow up guys, you share the road with a lot of people and you owe it to everyone to act in the publics interest. Its crap like this that gives 4x4s a bad name and causes the public to want to restrict us and our hobby.


I had to redo my headlights. At first my rear was higher than my front b/c I bought the front spings used and the rear new. The rear was jacked up until they settled and I could see about 5 feet infront of me. I put them back up to about the same spot as before and they are perfect. :wink:

Ive never flashed anyone, but I do blow my horn alot.

Whoop, Whoop. :lol:

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Quote:
For those who like to flash the overheads, come to WI and I'll introduce you to the WI finest. Its illegal to use off-road lights on the road and it is illegal to use your lights as weapons. Grow up guys, you share the road with a lot of people and you owe it to everyone to act in the publics interest. Its crap like this that gives 4x4s a bad name and causes the public to want to restrict us and our hobby.


Get bent! Its also illegal to drive towards on coming traffic with your high beams on too! Come on now, granted two wrongs don't make a right, but you give em a little flash of "real" highbeams and bet they will be double checking there brights next time they drive by someone. All it takes is one person to get bent outta shape and say this lad in a jeep put his big bright plentiful lights on me when I was driving, man dam 4x4 people. Well why did said 4x4 lad do that?????? Come on!!!! :twisted:

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:07 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:19 am
Posts: 484
Location: AZ
Exactly... Something they made sure to drill into us at the academy was "Spirit of the Law" & "Letter of the Law".

If the guy just flashed someone to let them know their brights were on then no biggie, but if you are just trollen down the interstate with all 8 of your lights on then we will probably have a problem. Driving on-road with your off-road lights turned on (man that kinda sounds weird when you say it) is illegal in most if not all states, but I would seriously suggest fighting any citation given to you by an officer who is upset that you used them to flash someone.

WOW... did I say that?! :lol:

_________________
Mike D.
2011 Brilliant Black KK Renegade 4x4 (New addition)
Image

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:30 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:20 am
Posts: 500
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
WOW... did I say that?!


WOW... did you say that?

Flashing your highbeams at someone is illegal even if it's because someone else flashed theirs at you. It's not as if you're defending yourself and meeting a threat with an equal amount of force. Spirit of the law and letter of the law are indeed two different things and I'm glad to know cadets are informed of the discrepency between the two but...flashing your off-road lights? That's not only dangerous to the person you are flashing but to the other drivers in your path who are going to have their friggin' retinas bleached because you couldn't muster up a shred of impulse control and just let the idiot drive past you.

The real point here is that quite often lifted vehicles have their lights up in people's faces and that adds to the hostility many have for 4x4 owners. Why add to that hostility and confirm their prejudice? Defusing the situation is the anwer not throwing more fuel on the fire.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:31 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Quote:
SethX9

Quote:
WOW... did I say that?!


WOW... did you say that?

Flashing your highbeams at someone is illegal even if it's because someone else flashed theirs at you. It's not as if you're defending yourself and meeting a threat with an equal amount of force. Spirit of the law and letter of the law are indeed two different things and I'm glad to know cadets are informed of the discrepency between the two but...flashing your off-road lights? That's not only dangerous to the person you are flashing but to the other drivers in your path who are going to have their friggin' retinas bleached because you couldn't muster up a shred of impulse control and just let the idiot drive past you.

The real point here is that quite often lifted vehicles have their lights up in people's faces and that adds to the hostility many have for 4x4 owners. Why add to that hostility and confirm their prejudice? Defusing the situation is the anwer not throwing more fuel on the fire.
I agree with you to a point,when I'm driving down the highway I always turn my brights off at least 1/2 mile if not more from oncoming traffic(or when I first see them)and then oncoming traffic knows I do not have my brights on but still some idiots still flash me(my headlights are correctly aimed also)so I will flash them to only show them that I was on dim.If they don't turn there brights off then I will turn on my 600,000 candle power HID's and don't care about there eyes(I wont if alot of vehicles are right behind them).My caring only goes so far when I have demenstrated 2 times "nicely" that I was one dim then I don't hold no mercy for the third very bright flashing.I have read my state laws about lifting vehicles and headlights and I aim very much in the legal limit,so I choose to raise my vehicle and they choose to lower thiers,not my fault.I don't want to start a war but when I'm legal and still get this hassle I got rights to!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com