| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| The New Liberty?...... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1128 |
Page 1 of 4 |
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | The New Liberty?...... |
Jeep released a drawing of the concept Compass which resembles a Liberty (from the front anyway). Thoughts?.... |
|
| Author: | mjfoto [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
WOW!! I (my wife) needs another Jeep. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah, ME TOO..... |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ick. |
|
| Author: | carroll952 [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks like a car |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
This looks more like the "next" Liberty. Patriot |
|
| Author: | hillcountrykj [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Oh yea, I like the Patriot a lot better than Compass. |
|
| Author: | CtrlAltDel [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JJsKJ wrote: ick.
What he said. This must be what happens when the same people who design Mercedes automobiles are turned loose on the Jeep product line. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
CtrlAltDel wrote: JJsKJ wrote: ick. What he said. This must be what happens when the same people who design Mercedes automobiles are turned loose on the Jeep product line. |
|
| Author: | GregB [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Easy there on the speculation. I wouldn't be to worried that the front end of the Compass looks like a KJ. After all, the KJ is a Jeep and they want this new Compass to look like a Jeep as well. I was built to look like a Jeep even though it is more car like I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota. I also don't think that Compass drawing is a very good representation of the Compass. The spy shots of it in the camo look a little more off the ground and more upright (less stream line). I'm not saying I like or dislike the Compass, but expect more crossover features than what that DCX drawing shows. |
|
| Author: | Gringo Loco [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i like the Wrangler Rescue more. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Digging the Patriot. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
GregB wrote: I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota. If I were a betting man, I would disagree. Simply because many Jeep (4X4) faithful fear the future of the Jeep line-up is going IFS. What better Jeep than the KJ to test diesel and or future IFS vehicles.GregB wrote: I also don't think that Compass drawing is a very good representation of the Compass. The spy shots of it in the camo look a little more off the ground and more upright (less stream line). I'm not saying I like or dislike the Compass, but expect more crossover features than what that DCX drawing shows. ???? This is a concept drawing by DC.Gringo Loco wrote: i like the Wrangler Rescue more. I agree. I think the Rescue is the best concept Jeep has done yet!
|
|
| Author: | Edwin [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gringo Loco wrote: i like the Wrangler Rescue more.
I like it too! |
|
| Author: | CtrlAltDel [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
GregB wrote: I can't see jeep dumping the Liberty just yet either; they just re-freshed it for '05 and went though the trouble of putting a diesel in it. If DCX were going to replace KJ with the Compass or this Patriot they would have tested the diesel in the new Grand Cherokee or in a Dakota.
The webpage mentions "global portfolio expansion" in the first sentence, which I would take to mean that the Compass would *add* to the Jeep line-up rather than replace an existing model. The Rescue is the only one of the bunch that I would even consider buying...looks kinda cool. But, is it just me, or does it look an awful lot like a Hummer? |
|
| Author: | hillcountrykj [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think it looks a lot like the hummer to. But thats ok cause it has all those years of Jeep experenice behind it not GM.. |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm still holding out for the Gladiator |
|
| Author: | LuckeyDuckey [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
that's not a jeep, it's the dodge magnum in disguise |
|
| Author: | hillcountrykj [ Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So when is the Gladiator due to be release? |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I keep getting told by DC that the Gladiator is still in the concept phase and no prices or dates can be released to the public yet. |
|
| Page 1 of 4 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|