It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Engine puttering
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:03 pm 
Offline
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 931
Location: Des Plaines, IL
Ok... after Camp Jeep in WI, I've noticed that there is a louder noise than normal coming from under the engine - I thought it may have been something loose on the exaust system but there is not. So Last night, while there was no noise around in the parking lot, i started revving up the engine to see if I could find the source of this weird sound (like I have a hole in the muffler) and by the time the RPMs hit 3.8 to 4, the engine started puttering - I checked again this am an it is the same thing. Will take it to dealer on monday; but I wanted to see if anybody has experienced this b4. Engine at 3Krpms has no problem...

Weird, weird...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
If it was in park, then you may of been hitting the rev limiter. Idk other than that. :wink:

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com