LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

intakes off of ebay
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13767
Page 1 of 1

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:49 pm ]
Post subject:  intakes off of ebay

Hey guys just wanted to know if anybody on here has bought one of the cheaper air intake systems off of ebay. I've been looking and the cheaper ones look like they have the same design as the big name big money brands. Let me know what you think this is the one I'm looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-LIBERTY-02-04-V6-3-7L-SHORT-RAM-AIR-INTAKE-GREEN_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ012QQitemZ220038839485QQrdZ1

Parakeet

Author:  chrisroth1 [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

there are a few posts about this over in the 4x2 forum http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=12275

I don't think there will be much difference from the intake itself only from the filters that they use

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Some other expensive ones come with a heat shield also..

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just bid on the one I linked here. I figure that 25 bucks is cheap enough that it doesn't work I can pitch it. One of the big reasons I want it is too give me some room to relocate my washer bottle and install a small onboard compressor. I'll let you know how that works out for me. Unfortionatly I have a laundry list of things that I need to do with my jeep.

Just Empty Every Pocket


Parakeet

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Crap its for an 02-04 Mine is an 05 you guys think it will work still? I've already bid on it so I may have to get it anyways. We'll see


Parakeet

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

4wdParakeet wrote:
Crap its for an 02-04 Mine is an 05 you guys think it will work still? I've already bid on it so I may have to get it anyways. We'll see


Parakeet


I do not beleive anything changed from 04-05. :wink:

Author:  LostRenegade [ Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have one on mine. Not the model that you referenced, but I bought one off e-bay and then replaced the filter with a K&N 6x9 cone filter. I have picks on my cardomain site. Seems to work pretty good. Slight increase in noise and about a 1 to 2 MPG improvement. It helps to also put a performance muffler on.

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:34 am ]
Post subject: 

I pulled the trigger on the intake yesterday. Hopefully I can get it done when it gets here.


Parakeet

Author:  LostRenegade [ Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

4wdParakeet wrote:
I pulled the trigger on the intake yesterday. Hopefully I can get it done when it gets here.


Parakeet


Hey Parakeet,
What did you end up going with for the air intake?

Author:  4wdParakeet [ Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320041324203&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D320041324203%26fvi%3D1


This is the one that I ended up ordering. I should have it by the end of next week I would assume. I'll get some pics once I get it on. I'm also going to make a heat shield once I get it on. Just add to the laundry list of things that I have to do.

Parakeet

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/