| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Boulder bars... more than rock guards! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18809 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ntrgrl [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Boulder bars... more than rock guards! |
I wanted to share... I was cruising on the freeway last Wednesday afternoon on my way to a class in the desert. I was next to a 18-wheeler when it blew a tire. The sound was I pulled over with the truck driver. No damage to my jeep ( His tire exploded and went flying into my jeep... it had to of hit the boulder bar and then my armor beneath. Just wanted to share... |
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
it's not only for wheelin |
|
| Author: | FastTRX [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yea I would have been pretty ticked if it had done damage to my Jeep. |
|
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ya know i've always wondered about stuff like that. Would the trucking company be responsible for damage to your vehicle for that or those dirt trucks that throw rocks all over the highway and crack winshields |
|
| Author: | Donkeykong [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
*cue jason thompson* (our resident trucker) I'm interested to know this as well. I was driving the other day when a SUV ahead of me drove thru a pot hole and literally tossed a piece of cement up and over to the curb (at window height) I was wondering if he would have been responsible for any damage or the city? -Mark |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Since the truck pulled over, it makes sense that he was aware of what had happened and possible if there was damage, he was going to accept responsibility. The pot hole thing, or rock chips, you may have a hard time proving it was them. Probably best to have a low comp. deductible. I have free glass replacement which I use often. |
|
| Author: | hooperswish [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you.... Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary. Steve |
|
| Author: | BVCRD [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hooperswish wrote: What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you....
Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary. Steve I don't know if there is any leagality behind that or not. Maybe someone can help. I sense that it is a warning so they can say I told you so if something were to happen. Still, they may be liable if the load wasn't tarped or if they were careless and left some loose stuff on the back of the dump bed. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
BVCRD wrote: hooperswish wrote: What burns me is the trucks that have the signs"Stay back 300 feet. Not responsible for rock chips." Must be some lawyer mumbo jumbo. Yea, I am going to stay a football field behind you.... Hey jeep4me99, I hope your dog didn't get any of that bad news dog food. That is pretty scary. Steve I don't know if there is any leagality behind that or not. Maybe someone can help. I sense that it is a warning so they can say I told you so if something were to happen. Still, they may be liable if the load wasn't tarped or if they were careless and left some loose stuff on the back of the dump bed. They can put all the signs they want on it, but if the load isn't properly secured then they are responsible for any damage and (in Texas at least) criminal charges. |
|
| Author: | Skipperb [ Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My sister had a Monte Carlo and was fallowing a dump truck and had her window broken.she called the police and they had one near by .They stop him and saw rocks all over his truck.he got a ticket and had to sweep off all the rocks before he could leave the spot. They came out to her work and replaced the window. Glad your jeep wasn"t hurt . At least he stopped. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|