It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tranny Skid
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Mexico
So I was installing my new rockrails when I noticed that my MOPAR tranny skid has been pushed into the tranny pan and that the pan is now deformed a bit, I was reading about All-Js tranny skid and it looks like it works in conjunction with the factory skid? how bullet proof is there set up? I don't intend to seriously abuse my jeep but I would like to be able to park on top of a rock with out worring about whats going on under there.

_________________
2006 CRD Sport
MOPAR skid plates, RRO Rock Rails, tow hooks, JKS quck disconnects, 245/75R16LT Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts. OME790s and Rancho RSX17505 struts in the front OME948s and Rancho 17004s.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/theuniverseman
Member ID Rockies 069661


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:39 pm 
Offline
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: Yelm, WA
The All-J's skid is a stand alone product that protects the same areas that the factory skid protects. It's made out of either 1/4" or 3/16" steel (can't remember which) and is near indistructable. I know that I have dropped just about all the Jeep's weight (4800 lbs) on just that and there is just a very slight bend in it. It is nowhere near the tranny and has probably saved me on numerous occassions.

_________________
Pete
L.O.S.T. #PC050458
'04 Timberland Green Sport w/stuff...
'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:28 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:38 pm
Posts: 152
Location: New Mexico
I see now, the instructions were refering to the xfer case skid and not the tranny skid :oops:

_________________
2006 CRD Sport
MOPAR skid plates, RRO Rock Rails, tow hooks, JKS quck disconnects, 245/75R16LT Uniroyal Liberator A/Ts. OME790s and Rancho RSX17505 struts in the front OME948s and Rancho 17004s.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/theuniverseman
Member ID Rockies 069661


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com