| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Tranny Skid http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18836 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Universeman [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | Tranny Skid |
So I was installing my new rockrails when I noticed that my MOPAR tranny skid has been pushed into the tranny pan and that the pan is now deformed a bit, I was reading about All-Js tranny skid and it looks like it works in conjunction with the factory skid? how bullet proof is there set up? I don't intend to seriously abuse my jeep but I would like to be able to park on top of a rock with out worring about whats going on under there. |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The All-J's skid is a stand alone product that protects the same areas that the factory skid protects. It's made out of either 1/4" or 3/16" steel (can't remember which) and is near indistructable. I know that I have dropped just about all the Jeep's weight (4800 lbs) on just that and there is just a very slight bend in it. It is nowhere near the tranny and has probably saved me on numerous occassions. |
|
| Author: | Universeman [ Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I see now, the instructions were refering to the xfer case skid and not the tranny skid |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|