| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1907 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this? |
When I purch my Lib I was given some lit about extending the original warranty - for something like $1500! As it was getting close to expiring I kept getting these mailers saying "Your warranty is about to expire! Extend it now!" Well, my original 3yr 36k or whatever has expired and I still keep getting this crap! Are they gonna haunt me forever? Did anyone actually buy this and is it worth anything? Will the dlrs even honor it? Will the mail stop? Will Batman & Robin escape the clutches of the dastardly villian? |
|
| Author: | Liberator84 [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this? |
Cacher123 wrote: Well, my original 3yr 36k or whatever has expired
You original was only for 3 yrs/39k?? How did I manage to get a 7yr/70K?? ~JUD |
|
| Author: | Bonehead [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
3yr/36mo is the bumper to bumper warranty the 7/70 is only on the powertrain.... |
|
| Author: | Liberator84 [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Bonehead wrote: 3yr/36mo is the bumper to bumper warranty the 7/70 is only on the powertrain....
OOOOOH yeah ~JUD |
|
| Author: | Calvin56 [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: AFtermarket Warranty - Anyone have this? |
Cacher123 wrote: Are they gonna haunt me forever? Did anyone actually buy this and is it worth anything? Will the dlrs even honor it? Will the mail stop? Will Batman & Robin escape the clutches of the dastardly villian?
Our poor heroes will be faced with the dilema of throwing the offers in the trash every day... I'm tossing them by the tons (well maybe one per week). I think it is sort of like insurance for your vehicle- but for "warranty" items, there seems to be a lot of fine print on what they will cover. |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: I think it is sort of like insurance for your vehicle- - I get that Junk mail also - about "Jeep" car insurance. Claims to be cheaper than my current insurer. I may actually look into it when mine expires. Quote: but for "warranty" items, there seems to be a lot of fine print on what they will cover.
That was my feeling and it's super expensive. I would think if there were any "defects' they would have surfaced by now and that's actually all they cover. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I bought the DC extended warrenty and I receive those stupid third party warrenty offers as well. |
|
| Author: | 4wdParakeet [ Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | AFTERMARKET SERVICE CONTRACTS |
it has been my experience that the aftermarket service contracts are CRAP. if you are thinking about getting a contract go with the Mopar service contract. You might pay a little more but when it comes time to take it in for repairs the hassle of the aftermarket contracts will make it worth it. Parakeet |
|
| Author: | AdamIsAdam [ Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I bought an aftermarket warranty on day one. Better rate that way. I paid $1k for a 10/100 TRUE BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty. It's got every bell and whistle you can imagine. Even glass chips and door dings are covered! I got it from 1SourceWarranty. Since it's piggybacking a long powertrain warranty, they give you a break on price. I used it once so far, to replace the parking brake handle inside the Jeep ($300+ item). They paid. I have $0 ded. I did a lot of research before buying and found them to have a good reputation. You can go anywhere to use it. My local dealer did the brake repair and they dealt with the company. My local mechanic also said he's dealt with them before without much problems (just arguing with him over allowable hours). But they do pay. $1k was cheap piece of mind for my first American car purchase in, well, EVER (new that is). |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|