LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Removing roof rack...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22104
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Donnie [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:13 am ]
Post subject:  Removing roof rack...

anyone know how to do this?

Author:  ProjektKJ [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

like the factory side rails?

Author:  JMLoughrey [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

there are plastic housings that need to be removed from the front and rear. They just pull right off, from there you can access the bolts that hold the rack to your roof. should take about 10 minutes....if your lucky.

Author:  CaKJFreedom [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

All you need is a skinny flat tipped screwdriving to pop the plastic apart, a phillps for the screws (there's only 8) and to pull some velcro. I would have never guessed Jeep uses velcro. :?

Author:  Donnie [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Awesome, thanks guys.

Author:  Donnie [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

The KJ is now roofrack-less:

Image
Image



Why you ask?

It is fugly, it serves no function for me, and it increases drag. If I ever need a roofrack I'll get a good one, but these just didn't float my boat.

Author:  csukoh78 [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 am ]
Post subject: 

Im a fan of a jeep being used more for go-anywhere than show-anywhere, but I have to say that if you are going slick, go all the way, and removing the rails does that. Looks good on that black, need more pics though

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Now paint your antenna black and you will almost be there, painted mine after 2 weeks to sort of blend it in. Just really caught the light in that picture.
I think they look good without the factory rack or with a basket bolted on. Course I never take my basket off , its always ready because I never know what I may find to buy and haul home! :lol:

Author:  csukoh78 [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:55 am ]
Post subject: 

I think you should put the black wheels back on, paint the antenna black, get tinted side markers, get the tinted film for your headlights, and tint the tails and go all blackout. It will be unique and pretty darn cool lookin

Author:  bfaas [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:59 am ]
Post subject: 

i'll believe he already has tinted tails but would look pretty sick if he did the rest of that :)

Author:  Donnie [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

csukoh78 wrote:
I think you should put the black wheels back on, paint the antenna black, get tinted side markers, get the tinted film for your headlights, and tint the tails and go all blackout. It will be unique and pretty darn cool lookin


I sold the rims/tires. I don't want to paint the antenna because eventually it will chip and look horrible, you can't even see the thing outside. I did tint the tails, but doing the headlights would be pure whitetrash IMO. Mine as well get the plastic blackouts like on a 99 Durango Jeff Gordin edtion lol. I'm thinking about tinting the front windows though.

Author:  csukoh78 [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

No, not blackouts, just a tinted film that makes the light not look so "white" and makes it contrast less.

Look, you can think what you want, but its not cool to smash suggestions after putting your vehicle up for review.

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

75000 miles on my painted antenna and no chips plus if it does 2 minutes to take off and repaint. I smoked my front turn signals and all the taillights/brake light and still looks great after over 2 years. The more black the better! I also Limo tinted the side windows, well except for the front sides and that helps to make it more black and sinister :wink:

Author:  Big D [ Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just remember to put some extra silicone on the protruding bolts.

Author:  Donnie [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here are some better pictures. I'm getting an RB1 late in the week, I can't wait!

Image
Image

Author:  bbo [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

that looks pretty good ... almost .. pornographic ... lol

here's some pics of my lil black truck

http://www.timothylund.com/s10/index.html

too bad you don't have the wheels yet ...

Author:  Donnie [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

bbo wrote:
that looks pretty good ... almost .. pornographic ... lol

here's some pics of my lil black truck

http://www.timothylund.com/s10/index.html

too bad you don't have the wheels yet ...


Thanks man, your s-10 is clean! I already had the wheels though, I sold them :).

Author:  Donnie [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's my old truck bbo:

Image
Image

Author:  bbo [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

[quote="Donnie"]Here's my old truck bbo:

now that I have done it to the S10 ... I really like the shaved look ... nice ... so do you just have the Liberty now? I would never be able to have something like the S10 and keep it as a daily driver ... heh heh ... I always have to have something to work on .. mess up .. let it sit for a few weeks ... do something else to it ...

I'm working on trying to convince the wife she needs a mini now ... I think those woudl be fun to mod out ... she is working on convincing me we need a new house ...

Author:  Donnie [ Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

bbo wrote:
Donnie wrote:
Here's my old truck bbo:

now that I have done it to the S10 ... I really like the shaved look ... nice ... so do you just have the Liberty now? I would never be able to have something like the S10 and keep it as a daily driver ... heh heh ... I always have to have something to work on .. mess up .. let it sit for a few weeks ... do something else to it ...

I'm working on trying to convince the wife she needs a mini now ... I think those woudl be fun to mod out ... she is working on convincing me we need a new house ...


Yeah I just have the liberty now, the truck was fun and looked great but got old after a while. But, of course I miss it now that I don't have to drive it everyday :).. I love minis they're fun to drive!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/