It is currently Sun Oct 11, 2026 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Removing roof rack...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:13 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
anyone know how to do this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:43 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Longmont CO
like the factory side rails?

_________________
-------------------------------------
03 WHITE KJ SPORT

Mopar skids, Tow Hooks, 13% Tint All Around, Alpine CDA 9883, Soft 8's w/ 235/70's

NEXT: AMP & SUB INSTALL, AND ROOF RACK


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 205
Location: CT
there are plastic housings that need to be removed from the front and rear. They just pull right off, from there you can access the bolts that hold the rack to your roof. should take about 10 minutes....if your lucky.

_________________
03 Black Freedom Edition.
Full Skids
Self Installed Evic.
Self Installed Auto-dim rear view
Custom light bar.

In the works : Lift kit, courtesy entry lighting, back up lighting and rear seat lighting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:10 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Monterey Bay, Ca
All you need is a skinny flat tipped screwdriving to pop the plastic apart, a phillps for the screws (there's only 8) and to pull some velcro. I would have never guessed Jeep uses velcro. :?

_________________
Nanette

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
Awesome, thanks guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
The KJ is now roofrack-less:

Image
Image



Why you ask?

It is fugly, it serves no function for me, and it increases drag. If I ever need a roofrack I'll get a good one, but these just didn't float my boat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:43 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
Im a fan of a jeep being used more for go-anywhere than show-anywhere, but I have to say that if you are going slick, go all the way, and removing the rails does that. Looks good on that black, need more pics though

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:51 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Now paint your antenna black and you will almost be there, painted mine after 2 weeks to sort of blend it in. Just really caught the light in that picture.
I think they look good without the factory rack or with a basket bolted on. Course I never take my basket off , its always ready because I never know what I may find to buy and haul home! :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:55 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
I think you should put the black wheels back on, paint the antenna black, get tinted side markers, get the tinted film for your headlights, and tint the tails and go all blackout. It will be unique and pretty darn cool lookin

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:59 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:36 pm
Posts: 5
i'll believe he already has tinted tails but would look pretty sick if he did the rest of that :)

_________________
06 Sport


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
csukoh78 wrote:
I think you should put the black wheels back on, paint the antenna black, get tinted side markers, get the tinted film for your headlights, and tint the tails and go all blackout. It will be unique and pretty darn cool lookin


I sold the rims/tires. I don't want to paint the antenna because eventually it will chip and look horrible, you can't even see the thing outside. I did tint the tails, but doing the headlights would be pure whitetrash IMO. Mine as well get the plastic blackouts like on a 99 Durango Jeff Gordin edtion lol. I'm thinking about tinting the front windows though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 501
No, not blackouts, just a tinted film that makes the light not look so "white" and makes it contrast less.

Look, you can think what you want, but its not cool to smash suggestions after putting your vehicle up for review.

_________________
2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition
3.7L 5-spd 4x4, Rusty's 2.5 in. coil lift
General Grabbers AT2's 245/75-16E on MOABS
EVIC installed, iPod wired, Hella 500's and Grilles
Mopar Bike Rack, Mopar Roof Rack, Black Widow Roof Basket w/ air deflector
Draw-Tite Hitch, Front Tint, Debadged on sides and front


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
75000 miles on my painted antenna and no chips plus if it does 2 minutes to take off and repaint. I smoked my front turn signals and all the taillights/brake light and still looks great after over 2 years. The more black the better! I also Limo tinted the side windows, well except for the front sides and that helps to make it more black and sinister :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:08 pm
Posts: 349
Just remember to put some extra silicone on the protruding bolts.

_________________
2006 Liberty Renegade
Daystar 1.5, 2.5 Lift
Mickey Thompson MTX 225/75 16
Surco Roof Rack
Surco Spare Tire Bike Rack
Garmin Map 76 GPS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
Here are some better pictures. I'm getting an RB1 late in the week, I can't wait!

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 382
that looks pretty good ... almost .. pornographic ... lol

here's some pics of my lil black truck

http://www.timothylund.com/s10/index.html

too bad you don't have the wheels yet ...

_________________
2005 CRD Limited
added Mopar plates, snow, mud
Detours backbone (w/lp8500)
Skink super sliders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
bbo wrote:
that looks pretty good ... almost .. pornographic ... lol

here's some pics of my lil black truck

http://www.timothylund.com/s10/index.html

too bad you don't have the wheels yet ...


Thanks man, your s-10 is clean! I already had the wheels though, I sold them :).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
Here's my old truck bbo:

Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:17 pm
Posts: 382
[quote="Donnie"]Here's my old truck bbo:

now that I have done it to the S10 ... I really like the shaved look ... nice ... so do you just have the Liberty now? I would never be able to have something like the S10 and keep it as a daily driver ... heh heh ... I always have to have something to work on .. mess up .. let it sit for a few weeks ... do something else to it ...

I'm working on trying to convince the wife she needs a mini now ... I think those woudl be fun to mod out ... she is working on convincing me we need a new house ...

_________________
2005 CRD Limited
added Mopar plates, snow, mud
Detours backbone (w/lp8500)
Skink super sliders


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:58 am
Posts: 461
Location: Connecticut
bbo wrote:
Donnie wrote:
Here's my old truck bbo:

now that I have done it to the S10 ... I really like the shaved look ... nice ... so do you just have the Liberty now? I would never be able to have something like the S10 and keep it as a daily driver ... heh heh ... I always have to have something to work on .. mess up .. let it sit for a few weeks ... do something else to it ...

I'm working on trying to convince the wife she needs a mini now ... I think those woudl be fun to mod out ... she is working on convincing me we need a new house ...


Yeah I just have the liberty now, the truck was fun and looked great but got old after a while. But, of course I miss it now that I don't have to drive it everyday :).. I love minis they're fun to drive!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com