It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:18 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
We will see,hope they did actually close it and drop the recall.

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/01/nhtsa-closing-grand-cherokee-investigation


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Yes hopefully it has been closed ! It was bogus to begin with :!:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm
Posts: 43
Noooo why?!?! We all want the hitch for free! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:52 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
cicciouk wrote:
Noooo why?!?! We all want the hitch for free! :mrgreen:

No,it's wrong,just wrong when they all passed the mandated crash tests for there respective model years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:07 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm
Posts: 43
To be honest in full Italian thinking, it is very strange after Fiat ( Marchionni CEO) and Chrysler closed the deal NHSA withdrew its request for recall. somewhere in Nhsa somebody got a bribe.

I know I should not say this if I am not sure but living in Italy there is not one day that we read o hear something like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:17 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I took the KJ into the dealer on Friday and they said that I had the recall but the parts were not in yet. I had to sign some paperwork.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:20 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Everyone or at least a lot that I have talked to have got notices
or I assume thats what it was mine went straight to the trash

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:25 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
I didn't get a notice in the mail. I went in for a free inspection and they told me about it when I went to pick it up. The service manager made it sound like the parts would arrive on a certain date, but that could be the "anticipated" date and not the "official" date due to pending issues.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:36 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 8:22 pm
Posts: 572
Location: Westlake, Ohio
I bought my Liberty just days before this was announced back in May of last year. I did not expect a "free" anything. I also do not think I am "out" anything if I don't get the hitch. Chrysler doesn't owe me and I'm not complaining now and won't in the future.

On the other hand, it's a bit of a disappointment. A hitch was high on my list of "want to have's" and after eight months there seems to still be a lot of confusion over this. I think anyone would be a fool to run out and buy something so long as there is a possibility that they didn't need to. The letter I got two weeks ago seems to indicate that they plan to honor this. Of course, after this much time who's to say what they really have in mind. :wink:

_________________
--Prof

927/948 OME Springs - Bilstein Shocks - JBA Upper Control Arms - Rage Black Widow Roof Basket - Viper 3606V Alarm System


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
I'm reading that a little differently. They just agreed not to have a recall. Was you letter a recall notice?. Or a advisory notice? So the way I read it no recall but yes to a inspection. But right now seems nobody knows, what will happen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:08 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Posts: 1404
Location: The WV Panhandle
Mine Is setting here on my desk It says on the outside of it "SAFETY RECALL NOTICE".
However my opinion is if your concerned about this and a hitch is the prescribed cure - go buy one dont risk your life or your loved ones if you believe it is a true safety risk.
Quite frankly if the vehicles passed the safety tests when manufactured and a government agency wants to impose additional standards then the responsibility falls on that agency not DC.
:2cents:

_________________
2003/3.7 SOLD

2007 Wrangler - traded

2010 Wrangler Rubicon


Last edited by John3:17 on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:51 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
I agree, but then
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Cherrie 274 wrote:
I'm reading that a little differently. They just agreed not to have a recall. Was you letter a recall notice?. Or a advisory notice? So the way I read it no recall but yes to a inspection. But right now seems nobody knows, what will happen.

The official announcement will not be for a few weeks and they only closed it after the notices were sent out.They may or may not go ahead and do the recall but they will not be forced to.I mean it's going to cost 151 million dollars,that will be passed on to new buyers eitherway.

I only got a letter stating my KJ is not part of this recall since it's flagged as excessively modified so I'm no longer able to get any recall's done for free.I can pay to have them done but why when 99.9% of them are pointless anyways.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
yellocoyote wrote:
I got my notice today. I have the factory hitch and skid... not much else to be done. To the recycle bin with the notice.


Got my notice today too. I have the factory hitch and skid also.

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
Get your free hitch and give it to me! Or sell it! :mrgreen:

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: LOST in Wisconsin
Got my notice today, but it says they don't have the parts. They will inform me when the parts are available.

_________________
2005 CRD "Ol' Blue"
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time.
My build page- RL Komodo Rear and TJM Front Bumper, armored, lifted, JBA Steel D30, 4.10s and ARB air lockers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:17 pm
Posts: 23
bugnout wrote:
Got my notice today, but it says they don't have the parts. They will inform me when the parts are available.


Same exact notice we got today…
Our KJ has never had a hitch… and doesn't need one if I understand all the bs behind it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
I got a notice from Chrysler last week that my Liberty was under recall for the gas tank and they will notify me when the part (hitch) arrived at the dealer.

_________________
2005 KJ
1996 XJ (died at 337,000 miles)
....and still crazy after all these years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:19 am
Posts: 199
Location: Indiana
Got the same notice and called DC since I already have a hitch. They offered reimbursement if I could provide a receipt. Told 'em I had picked it up at reasonable cost and not to worry about it...

_________________
'02 Sport 4x4, 3.7L, 245/70R16 Bigfoot A/T tires, Tow Hooks, Rear Hitch


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gas tank recall may not happen...............
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:32 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:08 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Michigan
On another forum they are reporting that dealers are looking at Grands and told to hold on for Liberties.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com