It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: help me find a spare tire cover
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
I saw a photo somewhere of a molded spare tire cover that looked like it swung off the tire and also had the license plate area in the cover. I can't find the photo again and am interested in this cover. anybody help?

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:36 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 760
Location: nj
think that was an overseas model. i've seen it too but can't find it.

_________________
02' Sport- SOLD

07' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4
Yeah it's got a hemi!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:31 am
Posts: 1979
Location: Lower NY
Def a European model. Saw em in Italy & I believe they are on the Aussie ones as well. Take a peak in the Aussie forum.

_________________
My pics!!
'03 Rennie w/all Tupperware
Custom Roof Basket
Mopar Tubular Brush Guard
Garmin GPS V & Laptop w/Nav software
RAM products laptop mount
Maglite w/mount
Rear cargo bay tool cabinet
AllJs Rear Shelf
Rear receiver
250k miles!
LOST #CR051230


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: It was an Aussy
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:40 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
I saw it last night the first thing that caught my eye was the badge on the Liberty said Cherokee then I saw the back side and saw the licensce plate in the center of the rear spare. Then I say the author was Australian. so I thought Oh well it probably costs an arm and a leg to get it here in the states. :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:11 am 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
can you post a link to where you saw it?

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:18 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 am
Posts: 987
Location: York County, PA
They are on the Euro or Australian Cherokees... Sini for one has it... Image

_________________
Brian, Blue KJ in PA
LOST#99, Mid-Atlantic LOST
Blue 2003 KJ Sport

RL Super Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:20 am 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
thats the pic! thanks for the info. now how does one go about tracking one of these things down? :?

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:26 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:06 pm
Posts: 814
Location: Ohio
I have an email into 3 aftermarket Jeep places in Australia to see if they can be sold to US markets. I'll let ya know what reply I get. If its doable, maybe we could do a group buy. I like those covers too.

_________________
2003 Silver Sport - Debadged
245/75/R16 DuraTracs
Cragar Soft 8s
OME Coils & Front Shocks, Bilstein Rear Shocks - Muddified Lift
JBA 4.5 UCA
K&N CAI
MagnaFlow Exhaust
Rola Vortex Rack

http://www.fusion-multimedia.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:15 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 am
Posts: 987
Location: York County, PA
Ask the Aus guys...I mean mates... but I believe it is a MOPAR item. I was not able to track the part # on Jeep.com.au although I remember a thread way back in LOST history that had covered this topic as guys in USA wanted the tire cover/holder and the bumper.

_________________
Brian, Blue KJ in PA
LOST#99, Mid-Atlantic LOST
Blue 2003 KJ Sport

RL Super Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:18 am 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
Pote wrote:
I have an email into 3 aftermarket Jeep places in Australia to see if they can be sold to US markets. I'll let ya know what reply I get. If its doable, maybe we could do a group buy. I like those covers too.


thanks, Mate! :lol:

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 am
Posts: 987
Location: York County, PA
Wow...search function actually works... :shock: :lol: Third link is the best

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/sea ... de=results

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... sc&start=0

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... tire+cover

_________________
Brian, Blue KJ in PA
LOST#99, Mid-Atlantic LOST
Blue 2003 KJ Sport

RL Super Skinks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com