LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

ESP and Traction Control light on
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26026
Page 1 of 1

Author:  mookie [ Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  ESP and Traction Control light on

I was driving down a gravel road about 20 mph and nailed a large rock I didn't see with the front right tire. Pulled over and everything seemed in order, and appears to drive fine(though the alignment is slightly off now). The ESP and Traction Control light are now on. Did I just screw this KJ up royally or do you think it's an easy fix? What would cause the lights to stay on? PS: I am not a gear head but am guessing sway bar damage.

Thanks,
mookie

Author:  scoobysnax [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don’t have ESP or traction control but I’m pretty sure those lights normally come on when those systems are engaged. So is it possible you’re alignment is that far off that your wheel the car thinks that wheel is loosing traction and engaging the system? Doubt it but that’s the one thought.

More likely you did something to your brakes or more specifically the brake sensor. I’m not sure how the Jeep system works but a lot of cars pick up wheel slippage using a combination of the ABS system and sensor that uses a laser beam much like the way a CD player works. If the brake or the sensor was damaged (or dirty) that might cause the light to come on even if nothing is engaged.

Hopefully when you get your alignment fixed they will be able to fix everything else. Good luck!

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Get the alignment first then go from there. Its possible that you damaged the sensor on that wheel, which isnt a big deal to replace but it may be $$, not to sure how much those cost.

You probably didnt damage the sway bar in any way.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/