sleeve84028 wrote:
dgeist wrote:
Also, what's up with the magnum wagon being cut?
The coffin like interior is what did it in. I almost bought one until I got inside one on a gloomy day.
The cuts were needed...
All of the LX platform cars (Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger) have coffin-like interiors. High beltline and low roof. I've been in all 3 and it's the same in each.
It's being cut because it's the lowest selling of the three LX cars, and to make room for the Challenger. The Challenger rides the new LY platform, which is essentially what the next-generation of 300 and Charger will be built on.
ThunderbirdJunkie wrote:
Actually, IMO, it has the nicest interior of any ChryCo product ever. Granted, it's a Benz, and Euro car interiors don't seem to wear very well (to me, at least). but they're super nice when new
The center stack (with radio and HVAC controls) in the Crossfire was just a big flat piece of silver painted plastic. The entire thing was just painted plastic. No real metal at all. Just looking at the materials used and what they were trying to pull off in terms of design and appearance, the KJ's interior (especially the dashboard, controls, ect) works much better as far as I'm concerned.