| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Does your hood move? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26614 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | sandracer [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | Does your hood move? |
Is it just mine, or do all KJ hoods lift a bit on the highway? It is not a lot of movement, but the hood does move up and down while at highway speeds, especially if I'm behind a big rig getting more turbulance. Is this normal or something I should adrress with the dealership? Is the hood latch adjustable? |
|
| Author: | Bodz123 [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine does. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine does not move at all... Rock solid |
|
| Author: | Jeepman56 [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
sleeve84028 wrote: Mine does not move at all... Rock solid
x2 |
|
| Author: | detroit_doc [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine also does not move. Open your hood. There are two rubber bumpers on either side of the front of the truck. Uncrew then a turn or two at a time. Close the hood and then push down on it several times to see if there is movement. Keep repeating until there is no movement in the hood. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine doesnt move at all and I even removed the weatherstripping at the back edge of the hood to let some heat out! also what the doc said |
|
| Author: | Bodz123 [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine barely moves and its only noticable on the hood just below the windshield at highway speeds. I checked the bolts to the hinges and their tight, there is no adjustment at that part of the hood, I just figure its slop in the hinges themselves. My 05' chevy malibu and 71' chevy c10 truck does it also......weird huh? |
|
| Author: | Pote [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
no ones hood should move. it needs attention. above is the fix. |
|
| Author: | Bodz123 [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would say mine is less "moving" and more vibrating, but it is noticalbe |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
no movement that I noticed so far.. But i hate it when it sprays water from somewhere up front there when I slow down in rainy weather.. what's up with that. It's like front bumper holds water and when I slow down it splashes.. not from the road, but from the front. |
|
| Author: | _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
is because the hood slants down a bit and when you slow down, the water runs down the front and then splashes back up |
|
| Author: | nlife [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hyedipin wrote: no movement that I noticed so far..
But i hate it when it sprays water from somewhere up front there when I slow down in rainy weather.. what's up with that. It's like front bumper holds water and when I slow down it splashes.. not from the road, but from the front. Yep, does it when you have just enough speed to hold a little puddle of water on the end of the hood right beside the headlights. I've noticed it too. Next time it rains, take a look at the area highlighted by the red arrow in the pic below.
N |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mine barely moves at 80+mph only noticed it cuz i was trying not to fall asleep haha |
|
| Author: | sandracer [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't know why I didn't think about the bumpstops. I found about 1/4 inch of play with the hood latched. After adjusting the bumpstops there is no play. Next time I run to town I'll see how it does on the freeway. Thanks |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
nlife, thanks. I think that's where it comes from.. I always thought it was weird. Nice jeep by the way. |
|
| Author: | nlife [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hyedipin wrote: nlife, thanks. I think that's where it comes from.. I always thought it was weird.
Nice jeep by the way. No problem, but unfortunately the jeep in the pic is not my ride N |
|
| Author: | Boi1ermaker [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks like the one posted in the for sale forum, listed on ebay as "2003 Jeep : Wrangler Limited" with a 6 Cylinder 4.0 Liter engine....hope the guy fixes his info, hate to see a nice rig like that get sold then have somebody complain about the listing. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I did not think mine was moving until i installed the ARB bull bar. Now that I have a solid point of reference i see it wiggle a little. Normal movement i think, result of UniBody construction. As the car goes down the road open your window and stick your finger tips in the slot between the top of the door and the roof. you will feel it move as the body flexes I would not worry about it, if it rattles then have it looked at or adjusted I know a lot of XJ owners who have had rear quarter panel window pop out and shatter due to "Normal Body Flex" as they went over a small cliff while wheeling. |
|
| Author: | dirtykj [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine has to move a little because I can see one corner of the body has paint scratched out a little Then again, my KJ is put together weirdly. The RL real bumper had a hard time going in. Maybe the jig was off at the time or SOMETHING screwy. |
|
| Author: | valvestem [ Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I did not get the optional shaker hood either. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|