LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Tire Pressure Sensor
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26701
Page 1 of 1

Author:  yakers [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:56 am ]
Post subject:  Tire Pressure Sensor

I have the Liberty Limited with the tire pressure sensor system. The display system shows the pressure for the 4 tires but not the spare. Not that that is a problem but I wonder if there is a sensor in the spare that will communicate with the system if I mount it? So, is it a four or a five sensor system?

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:37 am ]
Post subject: 

Should already be a sensor in the spare. 5 sensors. I only have the dash light (no overhead anything) so I can't really tell you much about that part. I didn't know there was one that didn't display the spare pressure, though.

Author:  dirtykj [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:59 am ]
Post subject: 

I just had my KJ inspected in NC and yes, there is a sensor somewhere that senses the pressure in the spare tire. With all four OEM tires/rims, I still had a message in EVIC telling me "SPARE TIRE LOW PRESSURE" and the dash TPM ligh blinks. I put the OEM spare tire in the passenger cabin and inflated it up to make the message go away.

I normally don't run the OEM wheels with the sensors mounted so it was a bit of a pain to get them back on just to pass inspection. If this gets to be too much maybe I'll pay to have the sensors remounted on the Moab rims but that'll cost a good bit to break two sets of tires, mount one set, etc.

Author:  meh_kick [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tire Pressure Sensor

yakers wrote:
I have the Liberty Limited with the tire pressure sensor system. The display system shows the pressure for the 4 tires but not the spare. Not that that is a problem but I wonder if there is a sensor in the spare that will communicate with the system if I mount it? So, is it a four or a five sensor system?


Each wheel has a sensor in the valvestem. That way when the spare is used, it can communicate from its new position. The EVIC receives the data while its on the back (will inform if spare tire pressure is low/high/missing) but will not display the data.

Author:  TnRebel [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

the spare has a sensor on my 06 and when the spare is low the light flashes, and when the temp. changes to cold it will come on

Author:  Guest [ Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

tn, the reason it goes off is because the lower temp reduces the pressure in the tire because cold=denser air=less pressure, not just because temperature affects the sensor.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/