LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Christmas lights for the jeep
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27102
Page 1 of 2

Author:  BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Christmas lights for the jeep

I'm looking to buy christmas lights to plug in to the aux 12v plug in the rear of the jeep... anyone know where I can get such an animal?

Thanks,
Bill

Author:  DryBones [ Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

good idea! 8) I've got 1 of those DC to AC converters. That would work I am sure with a normal string of house lights but I like your idea better.

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.electricalconnection.com/oth ... /01123.htm

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Just get a inverter and buy regular Christmas lights. Walmart has both.

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Thats what I run is regular christmas lights thinking of moving up to the LED ones this year though

Author:  corwyyn [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:55 am ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
Thats what I run is regular christmas lights thinking of moving up to the LED ones this year though

That's what I did last year, got a couple of strings of the LED lights and an inverter - the inverter was rated for 75W and both strands together were 9W so I figure I had a good bit of leeway on the setup :D

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Hey I have a 750 watt so I can run lights all over the Liberty :wink:

Author:  PaU-MWolverine [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

After just seeing the post and without having looked anywhere, what exactly are the inverters & how much are they. Sorry if this is a less-than-intelligent question, but thanks for the info nonetheless!!! :D

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

They convert 12V DC current to 110V AC so that you can run regular household devices from a 12V supply. Just about any "big box" store has them now. Cost depends on the wattage of the inverter, mostly. The higher the wattage, the higher the cost.

Author:  Powdrdaze [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

target sells a small set of christmas lights that plug into the cig lighter. Check the holiday section next to the timers/extention cords.

Author:  dgeist [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Christmas lights for the jeep

BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote:
I'm looking to buy christmas lights to plug in to the aux 12v plug in the rear of the jeep... anyone know where I can get such an animal?

Thanks,
Bill


Noveltylights.com has some 12v rope lights if you want to go for the non-traditional look.

Dan

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Good posting man, I was thinking about the same thing. I want to do a wreath with lights and maybe my roof rack and garlen

Author:  gatorator [ Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:48 am ]
Post subject: 

This thread is no good without pictures. :lol:

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:13 am ]
Post subject: 

gatorator wrote:
This thread is no good without pictures. :lol:


Image

Image

Author:  USPLibby [ Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:54 am ]
Post subject: 

I saw a liberty in Mahattan Beach with lights on it's roof rack last year, pretty cool! :D

Author:  Jeepman56 [ Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

No lights but...
Image

Author:  JeepBeat [ Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Correct guys, we need to see some of your pictures, with the lights on the roof rails, or windows......I would love to buy an inverter and try this, it sure would get some looks and smiles in my small town!!

By the way, how did you attatch the wreath on the grille??

Author:  JT-KJ [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

This is what I did last weekend. I added the pine needles and pine cones $14 and lights $5, from a local hobby shop and just plugged them into an inverter. I get smiles and waves everywhere I go. The flash from the camera washes out the lights in the photos. The set up really goods great a night and just glows.

ImageImageImage

jon

Author:  JeepBeat [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

JT-KJ wrote:
This is what I did last weekend. I added the pine needles and pine cones $14 and lights $5, from a local hobby shop and just plugged them into an inverter. I get smiles and waves everywhere I go. The flash from the camera washes out the lights in the photos. The set up really goods great a night and just glows.

ImageImageImage

jon


Where do you run the cord into the Jeep, from your roof rails?? Do you just run it inside the door, window, ?? What is the easiest way, without chafing the cord?? I also saw the member with his lighted wreath on the front grille, how did he wire up and run the power cord? Thanks. I want to do something like you have done, on the roof rack....

Author:  JT-KJ [ Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:40 pm ]
Post subject:  wiring

I opened the back passenger door and ran the cord right there and carfully closed the door as to not break any lights. I have few bulbs inside the jeep that go to the inverter. I just set the inverter on the passenger floor and run the inverter cord to the dash outlet.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/