It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Clevis Lift W/ Ranchos
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
Im wanting to do a clevis lift w/ my Ranchos, so how many should I use? the reason I ask is b/c I heard that you cant do a clevis w/ the Ranchos but I also heard that you can and is there a place online where I can buy a rear upper spring isolator?

thanks

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1214
You can do a bit of a clevis lift with Ranchos. I've done it before. I'm not sure the conduit nut spacers will work but they are not really needed. They are just used as more of a just in case it might slip. If you tighten down the clevis bolt to the 100ft-lbs it will not slip. I've ran it like that for quite a while before and it never sliped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:33 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
the rings/nuts will slide up over the lip on the bottom so just put on as many as you need I have 5 on each side. 3 builds it up to where the lip is then two more, when I tear it down next going one more.

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 pm
Posts: 1059
Location: tejas de' round rock
i run 4 washers on each side.
you can go 5, but thats about it.

_________________
2004.5 dodge qclb
smarty powered / isspros
2005 sivler lj
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
jasonk wrote:
i run 4 washers on each side.
you can go 5, but thats about it.


how much did you gain w/ the 4 washers?

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:20 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 1214
Jason is running OME struts which have a different lip and won't need as many as you need. You can probably get by with .5" clevis lift. Which should net you about 1" of actual lift.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
so then do I need 4 or 5 on each side?

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:29 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Like I replyed to you in the PMs put on say three if that brings it up to the "lip" then either add two or three more depending on what you want, or just dont put any on and tighten it down where you want it in the clevis

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:17 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:13 am
Posts: 105
Location: New Hampshire
I guts 4. Evened out the front to the rear. No slant. Looks good too me.

_________________
IceColeNH #JC060619
03' Renegade
Al's Arms.
3 inch lift; Rusty's springs all around, Rancho struts + 4 electrical conduit washers up front. Old Man Emu in rear.
Moog K3199 in the lowers
General Grabber AT2 - 245 75 16 "load E on a mawl crawler? You don't need those." tire dealer.
K&N Filter
Silverstar Ultras


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 1885
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
I think there was someone who was using an aluminum spacer. I think it was JeepJeepster. Was that custom made or did you get it somewhere? My rear is higher than the front about 1/2-1" and need some sort of spacer

_________________
2002 Jeep KJ Sport 3.7L 4x4

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:12 pm
Posts: 48
Location: San Diego, CA
I've been looking for a rear upper isolater online as well. I believe you can get one through Mopar. My front sits a little higher than the rear with the frankenlift, i'm going to wait for it to settle before I try to even it out. Let me know if you happen to find any spacers.

_________________
2004 KJ Sport
Frankenlift II Prem.
Jeepin by Al Upper Control Arms
All J Boulder Bars
245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns on Rubicon Moabs
1 big crack in my front windshield (its a feature)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
BostonJohn wrote:
I've been looking for a rear upper isolater online as well. I believe you can get one through Mopar. My front sits a little higher than the rear with the frankenlift, i'm going to wait for it to settle before I try to even it out. Let me know if you happen to find any spacers.


I found the rear upper isolator
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=1

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com