| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Lift and tires for a 4x2 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27794 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | TexasKJ07 [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Lift and tires for a 4x2 |
This might be the right area might not. I am new to Jeeps (former Chevy owner). I want to lift my 2wd KJ because I like the look. I had a lifted K5. Is the front suspension the same in a 4x2 as a 4x4 minus the obvious parts? I want an all coil lift no pucks. What is the best lift out there for this application? Also what is the biggest tire I can run on a 4x2 no lift without rubbing and then with say a 2.5" lift no rubbing...Thanks for all the help, and yes I tried to search but found some mixed data....Jason |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
here ya go: http://www.boulderbars.com/frankenlift.htm |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Lift and tires for a 4x2 |
TexasKJ07 wrote: This might be the right area might not. I am new to Jeeps (former Chevy owner). I want to lift my 2wd KJ because I like the look. I had a lifted K5. Is the front suspension the same in a 4x2 as a 4x4 minus the obvious parts? I want an all coil lift no pucks. What is the best lift out there for this application? Also what is the biggest tire I can run on a 4x2 no lift without rubbing and then with say a 2.5" lift no rubbing...Thanks for all the help, and yes I tried to search but found some mixed data....Jason
tire help: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=22650 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=958 |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
or if you dont want to spend that much on a frankenlift, you can peice together an OME lift, thats what I did for about $500, and the frankenlift is OME parts |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
with the 2 wheel drive you can maybe go some more than what those of us with 4WD can, go for it!!!!!!!!!and take pictures |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
He would probably get more lift out of a 2wd jeep anyway since he doesn't have as much weight up front. If you get the Franken lift, you would probably want to get a couple sets of extra upper spring isolators since the front will be alot higher. |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If you lift the 4x2 go and make everyone jealous and jump it! (make sure you get a pic) darn 30a |
|
| Author: | 06LIB [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I lifted my wifes 2wd with a 1 1/2" OME lift and 3" spacers....she's got 30k on here now and been lifted since she had 120 miles on it. never any issues.....only thing I recomend you do at the same time as the lift is, get yourself a set off Jeepinbyal's upper control arms, and change your lower ball joints out to moogs. Good luck
|
|
| Author: | 06LIB [ Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
And for tires I use 265/75/16 works pretty good..... |
|
| Author: | PaU-MWolverine [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jsc7002 wrote: or if you dont want to spend that much on a frankenlift, you can peice together an OME lift, thats what I did for about $500, and the frankenlift is OME parts
I will agree... go with the OME lift! I absolutely love mine. It's roughly 1/2 the price of the Frankenlift. BTW, 06LIB - the wife's 2wd looks great, judging by the pic. Really nice! |
|
| Author: | _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
06LIB wrote: And for tires I use 265/75/16 works pretty good.....
you have to do a lot of trimming to get those to fit |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|