| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rear Disk Brake Failure Poll http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27823 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Cowcatcher [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rear Disk Brake Failure Poll |
I have just had my right rear brake drag for the second time. How many others have experienced this and which side seems the worst. |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Replaced right rear at just over 37k due to sticking, no problems in last 8k miles. |
|
| Author: | nlife [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I haven't had a failure yet, although I did buy my libby used. It had 80K km on it so who knows, it may have already happened and was fixed before I got it. N |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Two Months ago, I was over a hundred miles from home, when my right rear froze up, and started smoking. I limped to a firestone dealer, waited for an hour for them to check it out, and it was STILL hot to the touch when he took off the tire. The mechanic told me, "It's ovious you had a brake problem, but I can't find anything wrong with it now". It's been fine ever since. |
|
| Author: | elephantrider [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
my driver rear just failed as well. i had the rear pads replaced, shortly after the work was done, the driver rear caliper stuck so bad that it was blowing smoke off the rotor. couldnt even touch the lug nuts. had the rear pads replaced under warranty, which is a whole other story to get that pulled off. no issues since. |
|
| Author: | MiniDevil [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just this week my left rear brake was not working.. when I would hit the brakes pretty much only the right side of my vehicle was stopping and i was being sent into the right lane. Of course the first time this happened was when the guy in front of my slammed his brakes on. Was a nice surprise to see I was doing a lane change. Took it to firestone and they cleaned/lubed the calipers for free. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Had the right rear drag with around 28k on the Jeep this past summer. Soon as I felt it I pulled over and let it cool down, put water on it, etc. Drove it on home trying not to use the breaks as I didnt want to cook the bearing. $70 later, new caliper and its been fine since. 30k on it now. Still have the stock pads. |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My drivers side rear caliper went at about 15,000 miles, dealer replaced both rears. |
|
| Author: | greenrider [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
My right rear caliper messed up. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
This is only an issue for newer Liberty's correct? |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: This is only an issue for newer Liberty's correct?
Nope. I've got 54,000 on my '04 - and it didn't happen until about 5k ago. It's been fine since, though...... |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
QuestMan wrote: Quote: This is only an issue for newer Liberty's correct? Nope. I've got 54,000 on my '04 - and it didn't happen until about 5k ago. It's been fine since, though...... I have rear drums, I think it's only for those with rear discs. |
|
| Author: | WGNMANinaRENEGADE [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
no problems. '03 renegade, replaced front brake stuff @ about 80,000 miles, rears will need some maintenance soon, but no problems. and it aint got a hard mile on it! [snicker, hee-haw] |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maximum Carnage wrote: QuestMan wrote: Quote: This is only an issue for newer Liberty's correct? Nope. I've got 54,000 on my '04 - and it didn't happen until about 5k ago. It's been fine since, though...... I have rear drums, I think it's only for those with rear discs. This is correct. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jeepjeepster wrote: Maximum Carnage wrote: QuestMan wrote: Quote: This is only an issue for newer Liberty's correct? Nope. I've got 54,000 on my '04 - and it didn't happen until about 5k ago. It's been fine since, though...... I have rear drums, I think it's only for those with rear discs. This is correct. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|