LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Clevis Lift W/ Ranchos
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27825
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jsc7002 [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Clevis Lift W/ Ranchos

Im wanting to do a clevis lift w/ my Ranchos, so how many should I use? the reason I ask is b/c I heard that you cant do a clevis w/ the Ranchos but I also heard that you can and is there a place online where I can buy a rear upper spring isolator?

thanks

Author:  Eddo [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

You can do a bit of a clevis lift with Ranchos. I've done it before. I'm not sure the conduit nut spacers will work but they are not really needed. They are just used as more of a just in case it might slip. If you tighten down the clevis bolt to the 100ft-lbs it will not slip. I've ran it like that for quite a while before and it never sliped.

Author:  tommudd [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

the rings/nuts will slide up over the lip on the bottom so just put on as many as you need I have 5 on each side. 3 builds it up to where the lip is then two more, when I tear it down next going one more.

Author:  elephantrider [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

i run 4 washers on each side.
you can go 5, but thats about it.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

jasonk wrote:
i run 4 washers on each side.
you can go 5, but thats about it.


how much did you gain w/ the 4 washers?

Author:  Eddo [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jason is running OME struts which have a different lip and won't need as many as you need. You can probably get by with .5" clevis lift. Which should net you about 1" of actual lift.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

so then do I need 4 or 5 on each side?

Author:  tommudd [ Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Like I replyed to you in the PMs put on say three if that brings it up to the "lip" then either add two or three more depending on what you want, or just dont put any on and tighten it down where you want it in the clevis

Author:  IceColeNH [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

I guts 4. Evened out the front to the rear. No slant. Looks good too me.

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think there was someone who was using an aluminum spacer. I think it was JeepJeepster. Was that custom made or did you get it somewhere? My rear is higher than the front about 1/2-1" and need some sort of spacer

Author:  BostonJohn [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've been looking for a rear upper isolater online as well. I believe you can get one through Mopar. My front sits a little higher than the rear with the frankenlift, i'm going to wait for it to settle before I try to even it out. Let me know if you happen to find any spacers.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

BostonJohn wrote:
I've been looking for a rear upper isolater online as well. I believe you can get one through Mopar. My front sits a little higher than the rear with the frankenlift, i'm going to wait for it to settle before I try to even it out. Let me know if you happen to find any spacers.


I found the rear upper isolator
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=1

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/