| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Spread the word...... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27856 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | The Staff [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Spread the word...... |
I am not pointing the finger at any one person, just pointing out some of the attitude that is being felt around here. There is some hating going on here and that is not what LOST is about. It is about time that WE, LOST people, start to be the ones who welcome ALL to this hobby. We are LOST because We were once (and still are in some eyes) the ones on the outside looking in. WE have been bashed as much or more than other Jeeps but we have also proven that our KJ's can play too & many times over. I personally don't think we have anything left to prove and I too get tired of hearing about people putting us down but the truth is that not everyone is going to play nice. It is up to US to change that. We should be the better persons and accept all vehicles to the game. Doing so has worked great for us for many years now in many areas and we have the people on our side to prove it. WE do not have to be defensive any more. WE just need to accept that some don't get IT (YET) and when they look down on you just ask them to go wheeling or ask them for help or just start talking Jeeps and Jeeping. Break the ice however you can and then get to know those other Jeepers & off roaders. Yeah not all of them will come around but in mine and many others experience, they are just like us and it only takes a little effort for them to realize it regardless of the vehicle we drive or what it says on the hood or side. The bottom line is that every one of us that enjoys our Jeeps, or other 4x4's, and going out and using them is in a fight and we all need to join together as best as we can and fight back against those that would take your trails away. AND, I don't care if you don't go wheeling all that much either. Some day you might want to just go camping or fishing and find out that you can't get to that favorite spot you once visited w/ your family or friends because a trail was closed. LOST will NO longer put up w/ bashing or BS about any other Jeep or 4x4. WE will be the ones to be different and accepting of others and if YOU don't like It, You don't have to click on the LOST KJ's link any more. Please note that like I said before. I am not talking to any one person and this is not in response to any one post or thread. This is in response to the whole forum and a note to everyone here. WE are going to change our ways or be asked to leave. I say that about 99.5% of US get IT and we just need to get back to IT and work to better this forum and OUR hobby. Thanks and Please continue to enjoy the LOST forum!! Note: This is a cross post from the 4x4 section, "NC 4x4 "Hating" on KJ's" thread. |
|
| Author: | jjbroze [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
AMEN |
|
| Author: | _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
great speech, 100% agree! |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree 100%. Terry |
|
| Author: | Uffe [ Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
LOL great christmas present there A forum dedicated to loving all jeeps no matter their origins. I like that! However, that jeep compass that is just ... kidding I'll be looking forward to the spring here in Denmark, so I can meet the jeep clubs we got. I was a nissan guy before, so I know the other clubs |
|
| Author: | the wife's [ Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
You know, we all have opinions... It's just when it becomes "cutting" the fun has stopped. As mom always said, "If you can't say anything nice you don't need to say anything at all and keep your pie hole shut." Me personally, I consider myself a "non denominational car guy" (I have found automotive Zen... <chuckle>). LOL. The automotive hobby as a whole has so many different facets... You've got the extreme rock crawlers/4x4 folks, you've got the Japanese vehicles, there's the street rod guys, you've got the custom car (Rat Fink) group, the drag racers, circle track family, etc. You get the picture. Many of these facets may seem silly to you and I but, as I say, "I may not understand 'it' but I can appreciate it." Appreciate the fact that someone has put hard work, sweat, and $$$'s into something THEY love. That's all that matters. No bashing required. Clark |
|
| Author: | DocGreen [ Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more. ^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^ |
|
| Author: | LadyRed [ Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wow! |
Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it...
My desert rig |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wow! |
LadyRed wrote: Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it...
![]() My desert rig It looks like she would get REALLY good gas mileage! Terry |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project! |
|
| Author: | meh_kick [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JJsKJ wrote: Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project!
Get the SFA done first! |
|
| Author: | LadyRed [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | desert rig |
JJsKJ wrote: Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project!
See, I told you I get harrassed about my rig all the time! Seriously, tho, I found this old Dodge Bros. (??) outside of Shoshone CA (south of Death Valley). That particular day we got lucky and found all sorts of goodies. We do a lot of desert exploring for old mines and petroglyph hunting in the spring and fall. Most of the stuff we do is SUV friendly too. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DocGreen wrote: Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more.
^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^ I didn't see what you wrote but perhaps you used a racial slur or other inappropriate wording. So, whichever mod/admin made the "adjustment," Thanks. |
|
| Author: | The Staff [ Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Tokyojoe wrote: DocGreen wrote: Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more. ^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^ I didn't see what you wrote but perhaps you used a racial slur or other inappropriate wording. So, whichever mod/admin made the "adjustment," Thanks. Auto Censor. Keep it nice or don't type it. |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
|
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wow! |
Fulltimer wrote: LadyRed wrote: Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it... ![]() My desert rig It looks like she would get REALLY good gas mileage! Terry You got nothin on my rides:
|
|
| Author: | LadyRed [ Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rides |
Wow, those are great shots. Where were those taken? I love the colors. It reminds me of the Ruby Mtns near Elko NV. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rides |
LadyRed wrote: Wow, those are great shots. Where were those taken? I love the colors. It reminds me of the Ruby Mtns near Elko NV.
The first one is out in moab, the second is in southern colorado down by ouray, just above the ghost town of animas fork. |
|
| Author: | FinKj [ Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I´ve now got my share of BS myself. Happened, when I was in Helsinki, having my lift installed a couple of weeks back. All went just fine what it comes to installation, but in a way I got myself straightened up ´cos I ride a KJ. Those fellas are really HC off-roaders and in a way they let me know " want an off-road rig? Go and get rid of your KJ. All kinds of little markings how Jeeps are different ( read difficult ) what it comes to mechanics / technical matters. You know what - I just let them beat their jaws, ´cos I happen to have a KJ for a reason - I love it. One incident though - couldn´t resist asking one guy after his mouthful "do you think it´s O.K. to laugh a customers KJ?" I usually wave every Jeep I meet - doesn´t matter if some of them wont do the same to me. -timo |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've been listening to people say that about my kj, it won't go anywhere waste of time and money. Its nice to see other people out there with kjs. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|