LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

mopar lightbar installation tips?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28127
Page 1 of 3

Author:  jerbacher [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  mopar lightbar installation tips?

Does anyone have any tips or hints for installing a Mopar lightbar? I got one for X-Mas and will be installing it sometime soon. Thanks in advance!

Author:  callaway [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

1) take your time drilling through the sheetmetal roof. Mark the drill bit so You'll just clear the metall. You dont want to add a series of holes in the cabin lining.

2) be sure to get some marine/all weather caulk/sealant and put a healthy amount over the nutzerts you'll put the roof as well as the big rubber bushing. Leaky roofs arn't any fun.

Author:  Jeep4me99 [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

its actually pretty simple.
1. just make sure you know how to use nutzert install thingy, that added about an extra hour trying to figure out how it worked
2. tap your holes
3. work your way up with bits so you don't drill scribble all over your roof.

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

use step bits Jon they work really well, or wait I just bought a new set for installing theses kinds of things..... :wink: Also you can cut tubing to the desired length so you dont go clear through. Cant be any worse than roof vents/ sun roofs to install. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Author:  jerbacher [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

thanks guys!

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

If all else fails, duct tape and a hammer work magic on covering up blemishes on the Jeep. :)

Author:  Sir Sam [ Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: mopar lightbar installation tips?

jerbacher wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or hints for installing a Mopar lightbar? I got one for X-Mas and will be installing it sometime soon. Thanks in advance!


read this:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/ ... ht_bar.pdf

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: mopar lightbar installation tips?

Sir Sam wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or hints for installing a Mopar lightbar? I got one for X-Mas and will be installing it sometime soon. Thanks in advance!


read this:
http://colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/ ... ht_bar.pdf


Nice Link! I’m hoping that Troy will help install mine. I know he installed his Light Bar, therefore he might have a better handle on the installation.

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
1. just make sure you know how to use nutzert install thingy, that added about an extra hour trying to figure out how it worked


You left out one other thing to this statment.

besure to get DRUNK after you figure out the nutzert tool.

I sure wanted to get RIPPED after I got it to do what is intended for. LOL

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

could you guys give me an explanation of how the nutzert tool is supposed to work? I used one to install my rock rails, but I remember thinking "well, maybe this is how you do it". they havent fallen off yet, but im not too sure about it.

Author:  Jeep4me99 [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

i think that is part of the jeep initiation...figure out how to use that simple friggin thing.


but, i can't really remember how the heck it work....something like hold the bottom nut part and turn the top one....or was it rub your belly while patting your head...

i can't even explain it....how long did it take the nutzert creator to make the tool to install the nutzert?

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

just takes 2 wrenches turning in different directions ( well holding one turning the other) while you stand on your head drinking some kind of cheap beer humming the Star Spangled Banner :wink:
Actually they have a cool tool to install them, or I had used them years ago in the Ford Dealership suppose they still have them. :lol:

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

jerbacher wrote:
could you guys give me an explanation of how the nutzert tool is supposed to work? I used one to install my rock rails, but I remember thinking "well, maybe this is how you do it". they havent fallen off yet, but im not too sure about it.


Here is my example:
Take the directions for the tool and either burn it, rip it, step on it or take my idea and scream and yell at it and call it all sorts of names and make it feel like crap.
Then go over to the cooler and grab a beer and enjoy it as you take the nutzert tool in the other hand and throw it across the yard.

I ended up not using my nutzert tool. I tack welded the nutzerts on for the light bar. I also did the same for my rock rails.

Sounds extream, but they AINT COMING LOOSE now are they?

Author:  LostEddie [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Installing the Nutzerts with the DC "tool":

1. Push the bolt through the “nut” without threads.
2. Thread the bolt into the Nutzert from the flanged end.
3. Push the Nutzert into the hole where the attachment is to be.
4. Hold the Nutzert firmly agenst the metal and also hold the thread-less nut from turning with an end wrench. This is to keep the Nutzert from turning as you;
5. Turn the bolt, screwing it into the Nutzert – this will spread the Nutzert like a pop-rivet.
6. Continue turning the bolt until the Nutzert is squashed/spread completely and snug up to the backside of the metal.
7. Remove the bolt.

Author:  Jeep4me99 [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jeep Dawg wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
could you guys give me an explanation of how the nutzert tool is supposed to work? I used one to install my rock rails, but I remember thinking "well, maybe this is how you do it". they havent fallen off yet, but im not too sure about it.


Here is my example:
Take the directions for the tool and either burn it, rip it, step on it or take my idea and scream and yell at it and call it all sorts of names and make it feel like crap.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA ROFLMAO!!!! thats some funny stuff right there....and bout darn the truth

LostEddie: WTF did you just say...haha, i have no idea what you just described even from using the thing. thats why i didn't even try.

Author:  Rush345 [ Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: mopar lightbar installation tips?

jerbacher wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or hints for installing a Mopar lightbar? I got one for X-Mas and will be installing it sometime soon. Thanks in advance!


Here is a link to find if you have the factory harness pre-installed at the factory:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28870

Here is a post about Alternators with the light bar: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34410

And Finally a PDF file on how to install from the same website I got this other intel: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206126AB.pdf

Hopefully this will give you all you need, If you feel need to truly thank me your welcome to buy one install one on my KJ for me I'll even buy the BEER :shock: Just the type of guy I am :mrgreen: :twisted: :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r
Best of Luck

Author:  jerbacher [ Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: mopar lightbar installation tips?

Rush345 wrote:
jerbacher wrote:
Does anyone have any tips or hints for installing a Mopar lightbar? I got one for X-Mas and will be installing it sometime soon. Thanks in advance!


Here is a link to find if you have the factory harness pre-installed at the factory:

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28870

Here is a post about Alternators with the light bar: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34410

And Finally a PDF file on how to install from the same website I got this other intel: http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206126AB.pdf

Hopefully this will give you all you need, If you feel need to truly thank me your welcome to buy one install one on my KJ for me I'll even buy the BEER :shock: Just the type of guy I am :mrgreen: :twisted: :-)r :-)r :-)r :-)r
Best of Luck


:lol: :lol: Thanks for all the help and info everyone! Hopefully I wont end up with a bunch of holes all over my roof and no lights! :shock: :lol:

Author:  itsajeepthing [ Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:01 am ]
Post subject: 

be sure to take lots of install pics!

Author:  2006 KJ [ Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

if you can get your hands on a tool like this.

http://www.prifast.co.uk/assets/images/nutser2.jpg

that's the best bet. the tool they give you is real shady and hard/tiring to use.. this one you just squeeze and it's done.

another word of advice is to make sure when making your holes to be forward on the roof where is says in the directions. if you drill the holes too far back you'll drill into the roof's inner ribs which are very very had and you wont be able to get the nutzert in. the directions for this part is confusing.. just use the measurement closest to the front of your jeep :)

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

On a serious note


jerbacher

Make sure after you drill out your 7 holes or 8 , I forgot. Use a primer sprey paint or brush to cover the exposed sheet metal. If you don't it will rust up on you so fast.
Also, before you lay down the bottom base plate, I used alot of RVT sealant in the holes of all your nutzerts. This way when You bolt down you will squeez out sealant giving you a leak proof setting. This is alittle more work, BUT you won't get water in the bolt holes at all.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/