LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

help identify this noise....b4 i go crazy!!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28961
Page 1 of 1

Author:  mjp75jazz [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  help identify this noise....b4 i go crazy!!

OK.... i think it's coming from behind the dash. it's a "boing" noise that happens very infrequently but at least every other time i drive if not more. it's as if something is getting caught on something else & when it frees it makes a "boing" type noise. i've heard it with & without the a/c & fan on. no mechanic can figure it out if does'nt happen while they look at it. maybe another LOST member has had this happen. please help!!!! :?

Author:  JJsTJ [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:53 am ]
Post subject: 

hmmmm......crazy huh?.......

well I was going to say it could be a malfunctioning Harmonic Trifibrulator or a stuck Kneuter Valve.....but then I would sound like I was crazy......which is pretty close to the truth....

So anyhow.....I'll go w/ "never heard that one before but it sounds like you have a cartoon character stuck in your dash. Saw that happen on that Rodger Rabbit movie." or "Sorry, don't know but I hope I at least pushed you a little closer to crazy?"

:twisted: :lol: :P

(yeah, feeling a little silly this morning, hope you get it figured out :wink: )

Author:  06KJLimited [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Could be the Hydrolic Brake Light Modulator.

Author:  Guest [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Best thing to alleviate the light modulator is to get a set of cross-drilled brake lines.

Author:  06KJLimited [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have heard some noises that I thought where coming from under the dash. But come to find out the firewall had some minor holes in it. So I took the Jeep in and found out my Muffler Bearing was going out. Cheap fix.

Author:  06KJLimited [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Boing type noise. hmmm. Dont know if its standard in all KJs. But do they all have digital read out things on the headliner. Like the compass and tempature. My limited has it. But if its standard in all KJs. Maybe that boing is a alert telling you a tire is low or something. I have heard a boing a few times myself when it was time for Servicing or Low tire pressure.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

your blinker fluid is low.....or maybe its your piston return springs :lol:

Author:  JJsTJ [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Uh oh....I created a monster.... :twisted:

Author:  ATXKJ [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Most 'boing's that I've heard are springs or cables that are stretched and then something hits them causes a slowly damped vibration. however I'm not sure if any springs are close to the dash - the are normally springs under the seat that could have something hitting them.

The other issue - I've heard of folks that found loose nuts/bolts in door panels (including the rear) - those can roll around during a stop or turn - and they'd be fairly intermittent and hard to isolate.

also in terms of muffler bearings, roundtoits, blinker fluid,
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
They also carry your basic flux capacitor - but the price is a bit high.

Author:  pafireman80 [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

I bet you installed your muffler bearings backwards. Its either that, ot your automatic audio oscilator is malfunctioning.

Sorry, just had to jump in on that one.....

Author:  nlife [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Do you also hear a "BIFF!", "POW!", or "BAM!" because if you do, you may have Batman characters fighting in your dash.

Seriously though, it does sound like something going on with your springs. I had similar sounds in an '89 sprint. Never worried about it though.

N

Author:  waddy whiteguts [ Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

You drive past any sorority houses on your way to work and back??

Author:  Rush345 [ Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:09 am ]
Post subject:  Dang Can't any Of you help a guy in trouble??

I apolgise for my LOST members. It's an Obvious case that your FLUX Capacitor is out of calibration. Don't let anybody sell you a new one just get it re-calibrated and your issues will be resolved. Don't let any lead you astray, Calibrate your Flux Capasitor, and readjust your Muffler bearing and all should be alright. If your Muffler bearing isn't adjusted you haven't completed you servicing. Don't forget to replace all your air in your tires old air gets stale and effects your milage :P :P :P :lol: 8)

Author:  Uffe [ Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:27 am ]
Post subject: 

I'm curious, does that sound come when you haven't got a hot girl sitting next to you?

I'm betting that sound comes from her tits bobbing when you drive across speed bumps! Sorry I couldn't resist!

Author:  Dutchy [ Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: help identify this noise....b4 i go crazy!!

mjp75jazz wrote:
OK.... i think it's coming from behind the dash. it's a "boing" noise that happens very infrequently but at least every other time i drive if not more. it's as if something is getting caught on something else & when it frees it makes a "boing" type noise. i've heard it with & without the a/c & fan on. no mechanic can figure it out if does'nt happen while they look at it. maybe another LOST member has had this happen. please help!!!! :?


That's normal, my 2002 did it and my 2003 does it, it happens about 5 minutes after turning off the ignition, you sit there and suddenly out of nowhere you hear ploinggggg from the dash.
It has something to do with the airco but it is completely normal, it is just one of those Jeep things, don't worry.

Author:  mjp75jazz [ Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:41 am ]
Post subject:  lol

well, no one can accuse LOST members of not having a sense of humor!!!! i'll go with the sorority answer!! :D thanks guys!!!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/