| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| How Do You Know if You Have ESP... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29200 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | isutherl [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | How Do You Know if You Have ESP... |
Well I was wondering how you know if you have ESP? I have heard that you can turn it on and off, I don't know if this is true but if so I would assume that there would be an ESP switch on the dash which I don't have. |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You lucked out, ESP didn't come out untill 2006. |
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
my wife says I have ESP sometimes SORRY COULDN'T RESIST...back on topic |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think that ESP is awesome. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know I don't have ESP.. But wouldn't a light come on in the insturment cluster when you key on the ignition and all the gizmo's run through their self test protocalls? |
|
| Author: | racnee [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I definitly have it. I'm not sure if I like it or not. Really wish you could turn it completely off. Although maybe I'm not in the know. I can see how it helps on the snowy roads even though sometimes I just want to play. But is it good for offroad? It kind of limits your throttle control. It would be great if some well informed people respond to this topic seeing as I've tried to research the ESP system and find out exactly what its doing. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hmmm, I dunno, can you read my mind? |
|
| Author: | KJ4ME [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
the traction control portion of it acts as an LSD in off road situations. esp dosent have an ugly side off road until you go thru mud with deep tracks in it, if you steer in a way where the steering wheel is pointed in one direction but hte jeep follows the tracks, itll think youre sliding and over correct itself. ive had this happen twice, and both times i probably could have read my rear license plate... |
|
| Author: | racnee [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:54 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Another reason for me to enjoy the technical stuff more. KJ4ME wrote: ive had this happen twice, and both times i probably could have read my rear license plate...
I'm pretty sure its sarcasm, but I don't get it. |
|
| Author: | 2006 KJ [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
mine has ESP and i love it.. on ice i can mash it (just testing not normal driving).. and it will limit the power perfectly to still take off like a rocket but not spin too much.. and in 4-lo it shuts off by its self and has never effected me. and if some donuts are in order in the snow... i just hit the button to turn it off and it's off. I've never had a problem with it.. in fact i'm happy it's there |
|
| Author: | racnee [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The button doesn't really turn it fully off. It still is doing something (in addition to the noise) when style points are needed. When you're sliding laterally it's still correcting. I guess that would be my only problem. Oh and when I'm in mud holes. I feel like I should be able to control my wheel speed with my foot. I haven't had mine for too long, I'll probly get used to it. |
|
| Author: | KJ4ME [ Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
you can only disable the traction control portion, and what i was saying when i said i could have rear my rear license plate, the esp system caused me to spin out due to its overcorrecting |
|
| Author: | Jeepman56 [ Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I like being able to turn it off because its fun to spin around when you want to and the power cut off is a bit much on acceleration in straight lines, but on the patchy WI highways, leaving it on helps alot. |
|
| Author: | seanpr123 [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
man if you think hitting the button is turning it off when your trying to do donuts in the snow; just try pulling the ABS pump fuse under the hood then you can really see what it's like fully off. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|