LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

gas filter
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29596
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:17 am ]
Post subject:  gas filter

Who has replaced their gas filter and when do you recomend it to be done?
I have 115K on my 03 KJ and I was just thinking about the gas filter. Wondering if it is all junked up yet. The KJ seems to run fine. Actually it runs just as good as the day I brought it home

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 am ]
Post subject: 

If I were in your shoes, I’d probably replace the fuel filter at least every 100,000 miles.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:14 am ]
Post subject: 

I've replaced mine at 30,000miles,getting ready to replace it again(I have 60,000 now).Almost every other vehicle stats change fuel filter every 30,000 so it kinda makes me change mine evry 30,000miles.A royal pain to change though.

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am ]
Post subject: 

WOW TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS. I GUESS I AM 70K OVER DUE HUH?

SO HOW MUCH OF A PAIN WAS IT TO CHANGE OUT?

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Jeep Dawg wrote:
WOW TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS. I GUESS I AM 70K OVER DUE HUH?

SO HOW MUCH OF A PAIN WAS IT TO CHANGE OUT?
There are 2 ways,the first is to rip the entire carpet out from the rear cargo area and then hope you have the rear access cover(which needs to be pried off,it's "glued" on),or you drop the gas tank about 4" to access the fuel filter which is on top of the gas tank.It's pricy,about $130 or so,but it has the pressure regulator built in,can't get it at regular parts stores yet either.

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

wow 130 for just the filter and regulator? do i even want to know how much the actual fuel pump costs? or how much of a PITA it is to do? haha

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/