It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: gas filter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:17 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
Who has replaced their gas filter and when do you recomend it to be done?
I have 115K on my 03 KJ and I was just thinking about the gas filter. Wondering if it is all junked up yet. The KJ seems to run fine. Actually it runs just as good as the day I brought it home

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
If I were in your shoes, I’d probably replace the fuel filter at least every 100,000 miles.

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:14 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
I've replaced mine at 30,000miles,getting ready to replace it again(I have 60,000 now).Almost every other vehicle stats change fuel filter every 30,000 so it kinda makes me change mine evry 30,000miles.A royal pain to change though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:29 am 
Offline
JEEPZILLIA
JEEPZILLIA
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:34 pm
Posts: 2358
Location: Orange County: Newburgh NY
WOW TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS. I GUESS I AM 70K OVER DUE HUH?

SO HOW MUCH OF A PAIN WAS IT TO CHANGE OUT?

_________________
2003 KJ Sport JEEPZILLA Edition
American Flag flying high
Frankenlift removed =(
Moabs and plenty of pin striping
Flexable people don't get bent out of shape!
Current MPG 6" to a gallon
L.O.S.T. # BL065211
www.ItAtYourHome.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:35 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Jeep Dawg wrote:
WOW TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS. I GUESS I AM 70K OVER DUE HUH?

SO HOW MUCH OF A PAIN WAS IT TO CHANGE OUT?
There are 2 ways,the first is to rip the entire carpet out from the rear cargo area and then hope you have the rear access cover(which needs to be pried off,it's "glued" on),or you drop the gas tank about 4" to access the fuel filter which is on top of the gas tank.It's pricy,about $130 or so,but it has the pressure regulator built in,can't get it at regular parts stores yet either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
wow 130 for just the filter and regulator? do i even want to know how much the actual fuel pump costs? or how much of a PITA it is to do? haha

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com