LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

RIPPED CV BOOT... WHAT DO I DO??? NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29618
Page 1 of 1

Author:  kkohne10 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:29 pm ]
Post subject:  RIPPED CV BOOT... WHAT DO I DO??? NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!

EDHey I was out in the KJ in a parking lot just driving when i heard some squealing sound...


so i went home immediatly and noticed there was grease all over the inner fender on the passenger side. The CV boot was ripped.

This is my daily driver and I need to get this fixed ASAP!!!!

Please help me... I need to know how to fix it. Can someone do it for me. What do I need. and Where can I get it...

Thanks,

Kaleb

Author:  JJsTJ [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

See if you can find an auto parts store that sells cv boot repair kits. It is a split boot that wraps around and ataches together. You fill it up w/ grease and slap it on there. It is a temporary fix but if you can get one to work on the KJ then it will buy you some time until you can get it fixed correctly.

Author:  indianrefining [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
See if you can find an auto parts store that sells cv boot repair kits. It is a split boot that wraps around and ataches together. You fill it up w/ grease and slap it on there. It is a temporary fix but if you can get one to work on the KJ then it will buy you some time until you can get it fixed correctly.


Don't be driving any appreciable time without repair. CV joints are big-time expensive!

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Most places sell remaned CV shafts for the KJ for about $150 each side,don't go to the dealer since they want $1000 each.

Author:  Jeep4me99 [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

welcome to the CV boot up the stupid club.

option 1:
fill cv boot with CV grease and try to seal (but most likely you will need options 2 or 3 as well)

option 2:
order new cv boot from JE Reels. took 1 week to get delivered to me. gotta remove shaft to install new boot ($30) (how to in tech section)

option 3:
order new CV shaft- I just ordered one from Marlin at Jeepin By Al. He has them on there for $150. Marlin is awesome!!!!

good luck! and don't drive too much or you risk it all

Author:  phxtoad [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

If the rips aren't too large, clean-up the area, abrade it a bit and put on some RTV sealant. Let it dry thoroughly. I've been running mine almost a year with this patch...

TL

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/