| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wind noise http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29628 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wind noise |
I got my passenger side front window replaced a month or so ago because someone broke in to my Jeep. Ever since the window was replaced, I hear some wind noise... Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks. |
|
| Author: | jason thompson [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
adjust the volume on the radio until you can no longer hear the wind |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jason thompson wrote: adjust the volume on the radio until you can no longer hear the wind
Thats a wrangler answer Two possibilities that I can think of. 1st: door alignment is off. 2nd: Most likely the window gasket doesn't sit tight against the new glass. If the window was replaced with an insurance claim, try and see if you can get the gasket replaced. If not the cheap fix would to buy a roll of the adhesive backed door or window seal gasket from Lowes/HD and place it between the flat part of the gasket and the door to push the gasket down tighter to the window. |
|
| Author: | BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
daspes wrote: jason thompson wrote: adjust the volume on the radio until you can no longer hear the wind Thats a wrangler answer Two possibilities that I can think of. 1st: door alignment is off. 2nd: Most likely the window gasket doesn't sit tight against the new glass. If the window was replaced with an insurance claim, try and see if you can get the gasket replaced. If not the cheap fix would to buy a roll of the adhesive backed door or window seal gasket from Lowes/HD and place it between the flat part of the gasket and the door to push the gasket down tighter to the window. Thanks |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Check for any broken glass still stuck in the window seal and tracks. |
|
| Author: | dloc_jeep_KJ [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
sorry i cant help but how much was that window? i need to replace the small one in the back and wanted to kinda see what it would cost. what tjkj said would be what i would check there is a ton of broked glass in mine and ive cleaned it out twice. |
|
| Author: | Rush345 [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I saw a little trick on TRUCKS TV on the SPIKE Channel, for just this type of problem My passanger front window makes noise also so give this trick a try. First lower window then in the closes point to where it connects to the car or truck. Second place your knee squarely into the door Third grab the top of the door and pull the door towards you Do this several times untill you feel you have tweeked your door to stop the air passing sound. I have tried this it works temporarily but I just retweek the door from time to time and I'm please with the results. If you have further questions just ask. On the show they put a dollar bill inbetween the seal and the door first and when the bill didn't slide out easy anymore they called the job done |
|
| Author: | BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rush345 wrote: I saw a little trick on TRUCKS TV on the SPIKE Channel, for just this type of problem My passanger front window makes noise also so give this trick a try.
First lower window then in the closes point to where it connects to the car or truck. Second place your knee squarely into the door Third grab the top of the door and pull the door towards you Do this several times untill you feel you have tweeked your door to stop the air passing sound. I have tried this it works temporarily but I just retweek the door from time to time and I'm please with the results. If you have further questions just ask. I will go look for glass now since it's easy, if there's nothing I'll give the other stuff a try in the morning... On second thought, I'd rather have the windnoise than tweak my door Edit: No dice |
|
| Author: | Uffe [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I get a bit of sizzling noise from the doors. Nothing much, just a slight whisper. I gather it has more to do with the design of the doorhandle than the window itself. I haven't heard your noise, but mine is clearly audible only when driving against the wind in a certain angle. It does not bother me as it is very subtle. |
|
| Author: | JIMMY JEEP [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rush345 is spot on with his tweak the door suggestion.I've done that on several vehicles with mucho success. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I get a bunch of noice from my passenger door on really windy days when I travel down the expressway above 65MPH. I might try this door bending trick to see if that will increase the seal pressure for me. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wind noise |
BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote: I got my passenger side front window replaced a month or so ago because someone broke in to my Jeep. Ever since the window was replaced, I hear some wind noise... Is there anything I can do to fix this?
Thanks. Have you tried taking it back to the place that replaced it? Just a thought. In KY ALL autoglass is replaced WITHOUT deductible. I am suprised that they would not replace yours. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wind noise |
WoodysKJ wrote: In KY ALL autoglass is replaced WITHOUT deductible. I am suprised that they would not replace yours.
It's the same here in MN. If it was covered by INS or not which is wasn't in this case I would still take it back to the place that did the work the first time. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|