| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Good suppliers for 4x4 accessories... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31375 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i saw some front tow hooks on e-bay yesterday. A good place for jeep accesories is http://www.wyckoffchryslerparts.com/jeeplibac.html or http://www.justforjeeps.com for recover straps, check tractorsupply.com http://www.rustysoffroad.comhas a pretty cheap hitch mounted clevis backet....but thats all you should buy from them |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jparts.com free shipping on orders $79 and more. All factory mopar stuff. skids, tow hooks, hitches. |
|
| Author: | moose [ Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
have you tried 4wd.com or quadratec yet? |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
From personal experience I cannot recommend 4wd.com, I ordered something from them and they sent me the wrong thing. I called and asked for a replacement and they said they would have to look into my order and would call me back. 3 days later after hearing nothing I called again. This time they said they were looking into and would get back to me soon but I said no. send me the right item and I will send the wrong one back. Finally they agreed and said they would send me the replacement only if I paid for it again and then they would credit me for the original part when they got it back. I reluctantly agreed. Well, when the replacement part came it was the SAME as the first wrong part! SO another call to get this resolved, this time I get someone else who creates 2 return shipping labels for me and emails them to me. She said that when they receive both items back that they would credit me for one and then ship the correct item. We can only hope. such a long, drawn out hassle for a $50 item. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ive ordered a decent amount of parts from jparts.com and was happy with the service. Ive never had problems like that before drybones. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
http://jparts.com All available MOPAR accessories for the Jeep Liberty at a fair price |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
jparts lists the tow points are for up to 07 only. I thought another post verified they work on 08 KK? yes or no? |
|
| Author: | moose [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
DryBones wrote: From personal experience I cannot recommend 4wd.com, I ordered something from them and they sent me the wrong thing. I called and asked for a replacement and they said they would have to look into my order and would call me back. 3 days later after hearing nothing I called again. This time they said they were looking into and would get back to me soon but I said no. send me the right item and I will send the wrong one back. Finally they agreed and said they would send me the replacement only if I paid for it again and then they would credit me for the original part when they got it back. I reluctantly agreed. Well, when the replacement part came it was the SAME as the first wrong part! SO another call to get this resolved, this time I get someone else who creates 2 return shipping labels for me and emails them to me. She said that when they receive both items back that they would credit me for one and then ship the correct item. We can only hope. such a long, drawn out hassle for a $50 item.
WOW |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
moose wrote: have you tried 4wd.com or quadratec yet?
Search around. I have discovered the these two can have decent prices, but they can also have the highest prices around and be a huge rip off. Spend some time and do a bunch of internet searches. I have purcheased many things online from several different dealers. Anybody gets ripped off it will be posted on these forums so fast it will make your head swim, so most of the vendors/retailers are pretty aware of this and tend to be on the up and up. Also buy from 4x4 shops and 4x4 specialty dealers. They are staffed by people who use the stuff. The big parts online monster wharehouses tend to be filed with people who could not tell you the difference between a tow strap and a tree strap. (one has some strech built in, the other doesn't) Anyway the best advice is from everybody's grand father. "You Get What You Pay For." Don't be ashamed about paying just a bit more from a good 4x4 shop. chances are you will not regret it. Buying cheap stuff off StealBay just because it looks good and is inexpensive is not always the best thing to do. After all it is "Recovery" equipment. You might just need to depend on it. Edit: Also don't be afraid of asking questions of these guys And gals at the 4x4 shops. It is a fair bet that they were Newbies at offroading at one point too. I have found that while most of them do drive the CJ, TJ, YJ and other traditional wheeling jeeps, they are happy to help ANYBODY get into the sport and do it safely. Just ask. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
WoodysKJ wrote: Don't be ashamed about paying just a bit more from a good 4x4 shop. chances are you will not regret it. Buying cheap stuff off StealBay just because it looks good and is inexpensive is not always the best thing to do. After all it is "Recovery" equipment. You might just need to depend on it.
Best advice yet! Also - it's buyer beware when you deal with eBay. I don't shop there anymore. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellocoyote wrote: Excellent advice all the way around! Thanks for everyone's input.
Thanks! That's not to say that they will have the best prices. But it is always nice to build a local relationship, incase you need more important help. The local Moab dudes here in louisville are great to work with. The previous owner would not give you the time of day if you didn't buy anything from him. I can guarantee that your local shop WILL be more expensive. Simple buying power and quantity discounts that the big guys like 4wd.com have an advantage with. BUT they are always looking for more customers and they SHOULD be willing to at least adjusting thier price a little bit to get closer to the big guys and keep you as a customer. BUT DON'T PUSH IT. This is their livelyhood and they need to pay the rent too. I talked with my local guys about a Warn M8000 and they could not even buy from their suppliers a winch to beat the WichDepot.com price, but they understood and I have purchased other stuff from them. It pays to shop. If for no other reason then to gain info and generate intelligent questions to ask them and start the "Local Relationship" process. |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jeepkj02 wrote: Jparts.com free shipping on orders $79 and more. All factory mopar stuff. skids, tow hooks, hitches.
The must like you. Their ad is free shipping over $250. Good prices, though. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|