Sorry I know this is somewhat of a repost from the end of one of my earlier posts but i feel the subject slightly changed so here goes in a fresh post. Seems to be a lot of interest in this area of our Jeeps lately.
Symptom: Clunking when going over a bump with the wheel turned. Don't really hear it when going straight.
The red arrow is pointing at the rack gear shaft. That is what is banging making the noise on the housing of the steering gear assy(blue arrow). The yellow arrow is where I thought there should be some type of bushing or something... Any clues? What is supposed to keep this rack gear shaft centered in the hole of the casing?
Do we have anyone employed as a Jeep technician on the board? Dont think I have seen one yet surprisingly.

(looking towards the front of the vehicle)
Here is a shot of the inner side of the inner tie rod. Everything looks good to me here...

(looking towards the rear of the vehicle)