| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| JBA 6" on sale now! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31940 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | 03kjsport [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | JBA 6" on sale now! |
gotta email from marlin today. said its ready. 400.00 off if you order before the 15th next month. to bad i bought the 4" last month,. he has install photos of the work on his site. looks nice |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I thought the email said that it was only for VIP customers and not to tell others |
|
| Author: | scull20 [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: I thought the email said that it was only for VIP customers and not to tell others
DOH! |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
4k for a lift WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
riptricket wrote: 4k for a lift WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! Then add $1000 for the HD JE Reel cut CV's and another $1000 for tires.
|
|
| Author: | DaveKJ02 [ Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where the heel are the pix of the 4" lift on something besides a parking lot curb? Dave? Joe? KJCrashedNBurnedPilot? Anyone? |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: JBA 6" on sale now! |
03kjsport wrote: gotta email from marlin today. said its ready. 400.00 off if you order before the 15th next month. to bad i bought the 4" last month,. he has install photos of the work on his site. looks nice
I wanna see pictures of your (5" lift)! |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
DaveKJ02 wrote: Where the heel are the pix of the 4" lift on something besides a parking lot curb? Dave? Joe? KJCrashedNBurnedPilot? Anyone?
It's a secret! |
|
| Author: | C co Crusader 2/127 [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS its finally here!!!!!!!! but before i get to excited i though it was going to have a cradle drop, new gears, and driveshafts included for that price? |
|
| Author: | NellyJeep [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The lift has the cradle drop in it, its the strange looking black pieces in the front. Looks good and can't wait three more weeks! Good think I'm going to have nothing to do for the entire month of June! |
|
| Author: | 03kjsport [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ill post some pics tomorrow night of my lift. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds. Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds.
Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address. Pencil me in TOM! I’m ready!
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
dieselenthusiast wrote: tommudd wrote: Some body should step up and start selling and installing 4.10s, lockers, etc. lots of people going to need them soon from the way it sounds. Maybe I can take the summer off and travel around the country and do that.......Load up all my tools in my new Unicat being built on the International 7400 chassis 4X4 and pull up to your door and do the installation, will do lifts as well. $750.00 minimum fuel charge per address. Pencil me in TOM! I’m ready! ![]() |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid 1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift? 2. is a new driveshaft needed? 3. can if fit 33s? 4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's? |
|
| Author: | BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jerbacher wrote: I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid
1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift? 2. is a new driveshaft needed? 3. can if fit 33s? 4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's? |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote: jerbacher wrote: I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid 1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift? 2. is a new driveshaft needed? 3. can if fit 33s? 4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's? Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that. Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires. |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
RespectMyLibertay wrote: BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote: jerbacher wrote: I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid 1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift? 2. is a new driveshaft needed? 3. can if fit 33s? 4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's? Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that. Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires. i dont think anyone knows for sure if the collars work or not. I'm pretty sure that no one has had a break with the collar, but that could be coincidence. We need someone to volunteer to try to break their diff with a collar and see what happens! |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jerbacher wrote: RespectMyLibertay wrote: BeepBeepJeepJeep wrote: jerbacher wrote: I have some basic questions about this lift. I'm pretty green too, so forgive me if my questions are mechanically stupid 1. would your tie rods hate you forever with this lift? 2. is a new driveshaft needed? 3. can if fit 33s? 4. if q3 is answered "yes", does it come with a lifetime supply of replacement d30a's? Yes, but he also said in his 'ad' for his KJ that it was 'never abused, just trails'...meaning nothing like Colorado (rocks, stress on susp.+drivetrain) at least. Just wait for people to start putting 33s on and trying to do some more difficult trails. If you can bust your diff with 31s, 33s are only going to increase the chances...simple as that. Unless someone has some ingenious solution to this front diff problem I don't see how this lift can get off the ground. I'd like to see someone with a diff collar put some 33s on and get rough on some hard trails. If s/he didn't have problems, then this is feasible. If they bust their diff, SFA-swap or custom steel IFS diff are the only ways to make the KJ handle big tires. i dont think anyone knows for sure if the collars work or not. I'm pretty sure that no one has had a break with the collar, but that could be coincidence. We need someone to volunteer to try to break their diff with a collar and see what happens! IMO, the front diff is a seperate issue. We are talking about the 6" lift here that Jeepin AL is specializing in. The issue is whether or not the lift works. Things like Tie rods, longevity of the knuckle exten, front axles angles, the cradle drop, longer driveshaft along with longer rear arms. Me personally I want the 4" kit, don't have 2grand though |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sport wrote: IMO, the front diff is a seperate issue. We are talking about the 6" lift here that Jeepin AL is specializing in. The issue is whether or not the lift works.
Things like Tie rods, longevity of the knuckle exten, front axles angles, the cradle drop, longer driveshaft along with longer rear arms. Me personally I want the 4" kit, don't have 2grand though I agree with you partially. This is not an issue that JBA necessarily needs to worry about. And it maybe shouldnt really be a concern for them, and shouldnt be a critique of their lift. And I'm not critiquing the 6" lift when I ask about the diff. It is indeed a separate issue. But, it is an issue that needs to be discussed for anyone buying the lift because its a problem that they could possibly run into. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|