| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Gas Can Mount http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32940 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | Gas Can Mount |
Here is a link for a good mount. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200105224 Terry |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice Find. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
That's $3 cheaper than the place I got mine. |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:35 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
But where on your rig do you put it? |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
kvenner wrote: But where on your rig do you put it?
I built a custom roof rack and mounted them to it. Check out the link in my signature to see it. |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great idea. I'd like to do that with one Gas can and one water can. You don't have problems with the cans leaking? And do you think the mounts would work with the plastic cans? |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I use Nato fuel cans. They never leak, period. They are metal and I have never tried to put a plastic can in one. They are built for Blitz cans so my Nato, which are slightly larger, fit real tight which is a good thing. I have yet to find a plastic can to fit but there are NATO style water cans as well, the baby blue ones. |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where did you find the cans? I've seen the metal gas cans locally, but have never seen the metal water cans. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had never seen the metal water cans until about 2 weeks ago. They are at a local 4x4 shop totally offroad. They have a website, just google totally offraoad. Not sure if the cans are on there but you can call and ask if they will ship you one and how much they are. I don't remember. I'd buy one but I am saving for other kj goodies, but they were really nice cans. |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for the info! |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Anytime and let us know what you end up doing. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The link I gave at the top: they have metal & plastic Blitz cans. Red, Yellow and Blue. Terry |
|
| Author: | dgeist [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Wedco makes the (North American) NATO-spec steel cans (with the cam lid, etc) and Scepter of Canada makes the US Milspec MFC (military fuel cans). Here's a good writeup on the MFCs: http://www.expeditionportal.com/equipment/equipment_reviews/Scepter_Can/scepter_can.php I'd like to try the plastic ones since they're quieter and theoretically safer, but haven't gone anywhere that my walmart 5-gal container can't handle. |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
dgeist wrote: Wedco makes the (North American) NATO-spec steel cans (with the cam lid, etc) and Scepter of Canada makes the US Milspec MFC (military fuel cans). Here's a good writeup on the MFCs:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/equipment/equipment_reviews/Scepter_Can/scepter_can.php I'd like to try the plastic ones since they're quieter and theoretically safer, but haven't gone anywhere that my walmart 5-gal container can't handle. so do you carry the wal-mart can on the roof? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|