LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Tranmission cooler question, models, when to install?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33352
Page 1 of 1

Author:  loosvelt [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Tranmission cooler question, models, when to install?

I want to buy an auxiliary transmission cooler. Can anybody suggest a model that will give me the most bang for my buck? Also when is the best time to install one? Around 30k miles when I drain the fluid? Also why am at it should I get some of HD hoses All J’s sells?

Author:  jsc7002 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:59 am ]
Post subject: 

I bought a Hayden for about $40 from my local auto parts store, although im being lazy and havent installed it yet

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:53 am ]
Post subject: 

I think you would buy the cooler based on your needs [size, cooling capacity and attachment methods] They are a great idea and the sooner you install it the better.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:19 am ]
Post subject: 

I installed a Hayden cooler also,one ment for a 28,000lbs GVWR RV,did it when I had about 200 miles or so on the KJ,paid like $30 for it.AS far as the hoses can't tell you,I change my hoses about every 30,000 miles anyway along with the t-stat and the coolant(about every 3 years).

Author:  Joe Romas [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Don't over cool

If your in a climate where it gets cold you should get one with a thermostat on it :wink: Some transmissions like the 545rfe on the crd don't allow locking the torque converter untill the transmission reaches operating temperature :D

Author:  loosvelt [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thx guys, why I am at it should I get a power steering cooler. Anybody have problems with the power steering overheating on a rough trail?

I am trying to prevent problems before they start. I plan on wheeling a little harder this summer.

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't do much trail riding, but I do a lot of towing and haven't ever had a problem with the power steering fluid. I know that I have the extra cooler or what ever, but I don't think it's been really benificial in my situation. I would worry about the transmission cooler first and then later down the road you can do the PS cooler if you think you need it.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/