| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Steering Wheel Question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33372 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | chrisroth1 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Steering Wheel Question |
My leather on my steering wheel is coming off and I want to replace it. First does anyone know how hard it is to replace a steering wheel? I found a used one that had the airbag removed, do you need special tools to swap it from mine to a new one? Also i have a factory stereo in an 05 renegede, i currently don't have radio controls on the steering wheel, if i got one with the controls, can the be pluged into the stereo or do I need a different radio. Thanks |
|
| Author: | ISpy [ Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have the 2005 Libby also and my steering wheel leather is coming off as well. Seems like they used the cheapest cost saving material on the steering wheel because I have heard and seen many Jeeps that have the same problem. Instead of spending the big bucks to buy a new one, I installed a cool leather cover on mine and called it a day. Mine also is the cheaper model and doesn't have the radio controls on the wheel but I think if you buy one with the controls it just plug and plays when you hook up the connector. The dealer can tell you when you buy the wheel or maybe someone else will ring in with the answer. |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Steering Wheel Question |
chrisroth1 wrote: My leather on my steering wheel is coming off and I want to replace it. First does anyone know how hard it is to replace a steering wheel? I found a used one that had the airbag removed, do you need special tools to swap it from mine to a new one? Also i have a factory stereo in an 05 renegede, i currently don't have radio controls on the steering wheel, if i got one with the controls, can the be pluged into the stereo or do I need a different radio.
Thanks http://lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtop ... io+buttons That pretty much covers both your questions. |
|
| Author: | chero37 [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a very nice Startech steeringwheel that I can't use because the dealer is not willing to remove the oem wheel. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|