It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Steering Wheel Question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:16 pm
Posts: 69
My leather on my steering wheel is coming off and I want to replace it. First does anyone know how hard it is to replace a steering wheel? I found a used one that had the airbag removed, do you need special tools to swap it from mine to a new one? Also i have a factory stereo in an 05 renegede, i currently don't have radio controls on the steering wheel, if i got one with the controls, can the be pluged into the stereo or do I need a different radio.
Thanks

_________________
2005 Silver Renegade
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2456141/2 ... p-liberty/
L.O.S.T. # 079552
MOD List
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 245/70 R16
Cobra 75 WX ST
Mopar Skids / Rock Rails
Flowmaster Muffler


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:01 pm
Posts: 90
Location: Motor City, Michigan
I have the 2005 Libby also and my steering wheel leather is coming off as well. Seems like they used the cheapest cost saving material on the steering wheel because I have heard and seen many Jeeps that have the same problem. Instead of spending the big bucks to buy a new one, I installed a cool leather cover on mine and called it a day. Mine also is the cheaper model and doesn't have the radio controls on the wheel but I think if you buy one with the controls it just plug and plays when you hook up the connector. The dealer can tell you when you buy the wheel or maybe someone else will ring in with the answer.

_________________
2005 Liberty Sport 4X2 V6 3.7L Stone White 100% Stock


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steering Wheel Question
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
chrisroth1 wrote:
My leather on my steering wheel is coming off and I want to replace it. First does anyone know how hard it is to replace a steering wheel? I found a used one that had the airbag removed, do you need special tools to swap it from mine to a new one? Also i have a factory stereo in an 05 renegede, i currently don't have radio controls on the steering wheel, if i got one with the controls, can the be pluged into the stereo or do I need a different radio.
Thanks


http://lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtop ... io+buttons

That pretty much covers both your questions.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:28 am
Posts: 39
Location: Lisse, Holland
I have a very nice Startech steeringwheel that I can't use because the dealer is not willing to remove the oem wheel. :cry:

_________________
2010 Jeep Patriot MK 2.4L 5sp Sport, black
2005 Mini Cooper R50 1.6L Pepper, black


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com