| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Reverse lights not working...!? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33534 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Reverse lights not working...!? |
I wired up some auxiliary lights to my trailer hitch and all was well until they stopped working. I discovered that the hot wire had corroded out of the socket of the relay. About a week after this happened, my factory backup lights became intermittent then stopped working altogether. Is this some strange coincidence? I've since rewired the relay and the aux lights, but still NO reverse lights at all. I've checked all fuses, but everything else works so I already knew this wasn't the cause. The only other thing I can come up with is the reverse switch. I have a 5-Speed manual, so it's a mechanical plunger style switch. Has anyone else had or know someone who's had a problem with this? Any other ideas? THANKS! |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What fuses did you check? A Haynes manual gives you detailed wiring diagrams. |
|
| Author: | htkrph [ Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
talking about those. i hit my friend z71 today backing up out of the parking lot. nothing happened.. he dosent know about it either. |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I checked the fuses that correspond to the reverse lights. They are also connected to other items that work fine. I have a factory service manual, so I don't need a Haynes |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Any other ideas? Does anyone know if tranny fluid will spill out when I remove the reverse light switch from the side of the tranny? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|