It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mudflaps
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm
Posts: 250
I really would hate to do it, but how many others have encountered with their lifts + bigger AT tires that you really pick up some good size rocks in your treads? My dad's comment is you better get mudlflaps on the rear of the D___ thing or you better hope you don't run into a guy with a gun. My Revo's are picking up rocks the diameter of nickels and if they behave the revo's he had... They'll fly out at about 65/70 mph...

So do others have the problem, or do you just not care about it and run it. Mudflaps would be a PITA and would have to be removed before any trail time.

Dave

_________________
Patriot Blue 04 KJ
OME HD lift w/ 1/8" Clevis lift
LT 245/75/16 Revo's
Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:36 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 3880
Location: Wichita/ Pittsburg, Kansas
i dont mess with them, I never really thought about it either i guess im the person you really dont wanna be behind then

_________________
1980 Jeep CJ7 Buggy
SOA, D44/ FF14B, SBC 350, SM465, NP205, 108" WB, 37" MTs

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 pm 
Offline
clean machine
clean machine

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:52 pm
Posts: 1211
Any time I've been driving on gravel, and then hit pavement, my Grabbers go ticktickticktick until I get to speed, and then they start spitting the rocks out, usually hitting the underside of the Jeep, or the doors, or whatever gets in the way.

I guess mudflaps would help to a degree, but the rocks seem to fly out in all directions, not just to the rear. I have a set of those deluxe mudflaps (the stiff grey plastic ones) but they snag on everything, so I took them off. Not suitable for offroading, IMO. Regular truck flaps would work, the bendy rubber ones, but IDK who makes those. Maybe someone else?

Meanwhile, I've never really thought of this as being a problem, usually the rocks are flipped out of the treads after a few hundred meters or so...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 am
Posts: 824
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
If they open fire, keep driving.
But seriously, here in Colorado it says on the back of all the semi's and dump trucks "stay back 200 ft., not responsible for broken windshields". I've only had a problem with debris when I'm following too close to something with crap in the back.

_________________
2003 Limited, Silver - L.O.S.T. # 068957 Rockies
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2127390/14
2006 Kawasaki KLR650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: Durango, Colorado
If your conscience should strike... you can take a look at specific rally mudflaps. (might try http://www.rallylights.com)

Most rally mud flaps have a quick release option and can be taken on or off whenever you like. Cheap too..

_________________
Former CRD owner... now I just sit around and stare at the wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:15 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
I have the deluxe molded flaps and they probably wouldnt help much with rocks flying out the back. I got them to protect my Jeep and its paint, not the windshield behind me. If you tail gate its your own fault, not mine.

They must be taken off if you offroad on rocks at all.

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm
Posts: 250
I actually have a set of the ones you have Blake... For my dad's CRD though. However don't have the clips to attach them for quick on off.

And yes, it'd be ok to keep the paint nice...

_________________
Patriot Blue 04 KJ
OME HD lift w/ 1/8" Clevis lift
LT 245/75/16 Revo's
Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com