LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Mudflaps
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33602
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Dave08 [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Mudflaps

I really would hate to do it, but how many others have encountered with their lifts + bigger AT tires that you really pick up some good size rocks in your treads? My dad's comment is you better get mudlflaps on the rear of the D___ thing or you better hope you don't run into a guy with a gun. My Revo's are picking up rocks the diameter of nickels and if they behave the revo's he had... They'll fly out at about 65/70 mph...

So do others have the problem, or do you just not care about it and run it. Mudflaps would be a PITA and would have to be removed before any trail time.

Dave

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

i dont mess with them, I never really thought about it either i guess im the person you really dont wanna be behind then

Author:  snowsport [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Any time I've been driving on gravel, and then hit pavement, my Grabbers go ticktickticktick until I get to speed, and then they start spitting the rocks out, usually hitting the underside of the Jeep, or the doors, or whatever gets in the way.

I guess mudflaps would help to a degree, but the rocks seem to fly out in all directions, not just to the rear. I have a set of those deluxe mudflaps (the stiff grey plastic ones) but they snag on everything, so I took them off. Not suitable for offroading, IMO. Regular truck flaps would work, the bendy rubber ones, but IDK who makes those. Maybe someone else?

Meanwhile, I've never really thought of this as being a problem, usually the rocks are flipped out of the treads after a few hundred meters or so...

Author:  RespectMyLibertay [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

If they open fire, keep driving.
But seriously, here in Colorado it says on the back of all the semi's and dump trucks "stay back 200 ft., not responsible for broken windshields". I've only had a problem with debris when I'm following too close to something with crap in the back.

Author:  durangotang [ Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

If your conscience should strike... you can take a look at specific rally mudflaps. (might try http://www.rallylights.com)

Most rally mud flaps have a quick release option and can be taken on or off whenever you like. Cheap too..

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:15 am ]
Post subject: 

I have the deluxe molded flaps and they probably wouldnt help much with rocks flying out the back. I got them to protect my Jeep and its paint, not the windshield behind me. If you tail gate its your own fault, not mine.

They must be taken off if you offroad on rocks at all.

Author:  Dave08 [ Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:33 am ]
Post subject: 

I actually have a set of the ones you have Blake... For my dad's CRD though. However don't have the clips to attach them for quick on off.

And yes, it'd be ok to keep the paint nice...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/