LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rear cargo window leak ...not just me?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34590
Page 1 of 1

Author:  thenop1 [ Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Rear cargo window leak ...not just me?

Ok i have had this on and off again problem with my passenger side cargo window leaking.. but not everytime it rains .... i have seen other KJ owners having the same problem on the same window(YouTube(unbelievable)). Just wondering if anyone on this forum has had the same problem and what they did to correct it... I have checked my rear brake light and its not getting in there. Just looking for some input... :shock:

Author:  SBosco [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am ]
Post subject: 

I had the same problem and I only noticed the leak once. I didn't know where it came from though. I noticed it the morning after a really bad rainstorm and my $200 apiece college textbooks, which were in the cargo area, got soaked. I brought the Jeep in to the dealership and they said they could not find any leaks or reproduce the problem but acknoweledged that there was definitely a leak somewhere because my cargo area was quite wet. They told me that they blasted all the seams with a garden hose and nothing continued to leak but since it had leaked already they went ahead and replaced some seals anyway. I haven't had the problem since but, then again, I don't really have any way of knowing if small leaks still occur because they would just drip down the window and behind the trunk panels.

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Take it to the dealer and have them reseal the window.

Author:  CaKJFreedom [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

My dealership says it's because of my after market roof rack. They say we must have screwed the bolts in too far and poked through the roof and that's letting rain in. Wow, great that the roof is that thin huh? It doesn't do it all the time, and luckily it doesn't rain here much.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/