It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Spread the word......
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:41 am 
Offline
Admin

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:22 pm
Posts: 331
Location: Everywhere You want to be
I am not pointing the finger at any one person, just pointing out some of the attitude that is being felt around here.

There is some hating going on here and that is not what LOST is about.

It is about time that WE, LOST people, start to be the ones who welcome ALL to this hobby.
We are LOST because We were once (and still are in some eyes) the ones on the outside looking in. WE have been bashed as much or more than other Jeeps but we have also proven that our KJ's can play too & many times over.
I personally don't think we have anything left to prove and I too get tired of hearing about people putting us down but the truth is that not everyone is going to play nice.
It is up to US to change that. We should be the better persons and accept all vehicles to the game. Doing so has worked great for us for many years now in many areas and we have the people on our side to prove it.

WE do not have to be defensive any more. WE just need to accept that some don't get IT (YET) and when they look down on you just ask them to go wheeling or ask them for help or just start talking Jeeps and Jeeping. Break the ice however you can and then get to know those other Jeepers & off roaders.
Yeah not all of them will come around but in mine and many others experience, they are just like us and it only takes a little effort for them to realize it regardless of the vehicle we drive or what it says on the hood or side.

The bottom line is that every one of us that enjoys our Jeeps, or other 4x4's, and going out and using them is in a fight and we all need to join together as best as we can and fight back against those that would take your trails away. AND, I don't care if you don't go wheeling all that much either. Some day you might want to just go camping or fishing and find out that you can't get to that favorite spot you once visited w/ your family or friends because a trail was closed.

LOST will NO longer put up w/ bashing or BS about any other Jeep or 4x4. WE will be the ones to be different and accepting of others and if YOU don't like It, You don't have to click on the LOST KJ's link any more.


Please note that like I said before. I am not talking to any one person and this is not in response to any one post or thread. This is in response to the whole forum and a note to everyone here. WE are going to change our ways or be asked to leave. I say that about 99.5% of US get IT and we just need to get back to IT and work to better this forum and OUR hobby.

Thanks and Please continue to enjoy the LOST forum!! :D


Note: This is a cross post from the 4x4 section, "NC 4x4 "Hating" on KJ's" thread.

_________________
http://lostjeeps.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:33 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:44 am
Posts: 6
Location: Linthicum MD
AMEN

_________________
2002 Sport, added Jet Chip, AMSOIL Air Filter, Mopar Sub, CD player and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:31 am
Posts: 855
Location: Maple Ridge B.C
great speech, 100% agree!

_________________
2004 Liberty Renegade
Silver, loaded
Full skid plates
255/65/16 yokohama Geolander A/T-S
Tow hooks
Flowmaster super 44


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
I agree 100%.
Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:05 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:09 pm
Posts: 1014
Location: Denmark, Europe
LOL great christmas present there ;)

A forum dedicated to loving all jeeps no matter their origins. I like that!

However, that jeep compass that is just ... kidding ;)

I'll be looking forward to the spring here in Denmark, so I can meet the jeep clubs we got. I was a nissan guy before, so I know the other clubs :)

_________________
L.O.S.T forever!
Silver 2002 Skoda Fabia TDI, 235,000km
Former car: Jeep KJ 2003 CRD

DIESEL - saving millions of liters of petrol every day!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:58 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 47
Location: Blue Springs, MO
You know, we all have opinions... It's just when it becomes "cutting" the fun has stopped. As mom always said, "If you can't say anything nice you don't need to say anything at all and keep your pie hole shut."

Me personally, I consider myself a "non denominational car guy" (I have found automotive Zen... <chuckle>). LOL. The automotive hobby as a whole has so many different facets... You've got the extreme rock crawlers/4x4 folks, you've got the Japanese vehicles, there's the street rod guys, you've got the custom car (Rat Fink) group, the drag racers, circle track family, etc. You get the picture. Many of these facets may seem silly to you and I but, as I say, "I may not understand 'it' but I can appreciate it." Appreciate the fact that someone has put hard work, sweat, and $$$'s into something THEY love. That's all that matters. No bashing required.

Clark

_________________
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

2004 Jeep Liberty Sport
V6, Auto w.O.D., 4x4, 3.73
OME med front & rear, OME struts & shocks
Moab wheel w/Goodyear Silent Armor 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:13 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:11 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Illinois
Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more.

^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^

_________________
SCAPEL -- Not everything can be repaired with a hammer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Wow!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:25 pm
Posts: 79
Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it...



Image

My desert rig :lol: .

_________________
Stacie Albright
Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition
Motherlode Rockcrawlers
CA4WDC
www.staciealbright.com

www.offroadandoutdoors.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wow!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:36 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
LadyRed wrote:
Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it...



Image

My desert rig :lol: .


It looks like she would get REALLY good gas mileage! :lol: :lol:

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:26 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project! :lol:

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 12:32 pm
Posts: 885
Location: Cincinnati-ish, Ohio
JJsKJ wrote:
Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project! :lol:

Get the SFA done first! :D

_________________
'04 Renegade 4x4
L.O.S.T. #058466
Car Domain, Updated: 2/23/2009
===_oooo
(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: desert rig
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:25 pm
Posts: 79
JJsKJ wrote:
Where is that old rusty heap?! I need a RatRod project! :lol:


See, I told you I get harrassed about my rig all the time!

Seriously, tho, I found this old Dodge Bros. (??) outside of Shoshone CA (south of Death Valley). That particular day we got lucky and found all sorts of goodies. We do a lot of desert exploring for old mines and petroglyph hunting in the spring and fall. Most of the stuff we do is SUV friendly too.

_________________
Stacie Albright
Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition
Motherlode Rockcrawlers
CA4WDC
www.staciealbright.com

www.offroadandoutdoors.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:25 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
DocGreen wrote:
Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more.

^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^


I didn't see what you wrote but perhaps you used a racial slur or other inappropriate wording. So, whichever mod/admin made the "adjustment," Thanks.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:34 pm 
Offline
Admin

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:22 pm
Posts: 331
Location: Everywhere You want to be
Tokyojoe wrote:
DocGreen wrote:
Well I despise Japanese vehicles - car & bike, however I despise hatred even more.

^Interesting? I didn't type "Japanese vehicles". ^


I didn't see what you wrote but perhaps you used a racial slur or other inappropriate wording. So, whichever mod/admin made the "adjustment," Thanks.


Auto Censor. Keep it nice or don't type it. :wink:

_________________
http://lostjeeps.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:10 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:26 pm
Posts: 2133
Location: Sin City USA
Image

_________________
2016 JKU RUBICON

other mods coming soon...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wow!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
Fulltimer wrote:
LadyRed wrote:
Well put and I couldn't have said it better! I get ribbed all the time for my rig, but darn it, I'm proud of it...



Image

My desert rig :lol: .


It looks like she would get REALLY good gas mileage! :lol: :lol:

Terry


You got nothin on my rides:
Image
Image

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Rides
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:25 pm
Posts: 79
Wow, those are great shots. Where were those taken? I love the colors. It reminds me of the Ruby Mtns near Elko NV.

_________________
Stacie Albright
Life Member BlueRibbon Coalition
Motherlode Rockcrawlers
CA4WDC
www.staciealbright.com

www.offroadandoutdoors.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rides
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:07 am
Posts: 6220
Location: Colorado Baby!
LadyRed wrote:
Wow, those are great shots. Where were those taken? I love the colors. It reminds me of the Ruby Mtns near Elko NV.


The first one is out in moab, the second is in southern colorado down by ouray, just above the ghost town of animas fork.

_________________
http://www.Colorado4Wheel.com
"Its not about what you can DO with your Jeep, its about where you can GO with your Jeep."
Knowledgeable - But Caustic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:33 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:39 am
Posts: 63
Location: Finland
I´ve now got my share of BS myself.
Happened, when I was in Helsinki, having my lift installed a couple of weeks back.
All went just fine what it comes to installation, but in a way I got myself straightened up ´cos I ride a KJ.
Those fellas are really HC off-roaders and in a way they let me know " want an off-road rig? Go and get rid of your KJ.
All kinds of little markings how Jeeps are different ( read difficult ) what it comes to mechanics / technical matters.

You know what - I just let them beat their jaws, ´cos I happen to have a KJ for a reason - I love it.
One incident though - couldn´t resist asking one guy after his mouthful "do you think it´s O.K. to laugh a customers KJ?"

I usually wave every Jeep I meet - doesn´t matter if some of them wont do the same to me.

-timo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:33 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:21 pm
Posts: 960
Location: Massachusetts
I've been listening to people say that about my kj, it won't go anywhere waste of time and money. Its nice to see other people out there with kjs.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com