| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Fuel tank size? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34610 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ObiHann [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | Fuel tank size? |
What is the fuel tank size on the 02 liberty? I initally thought it was 70L, but after filling up today with 1/8 left in my tank, it was only just over 50L of fuel... that doesn't make any sense to me?!? |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It is 18.5 gallons (70 liters), but when the low fuel chime comes on there is around 3 gallons left (11.5 liters). |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I won't bet on their being 3 gallons of fuel left in the tank when the light comes on. I would think MAYBE 2 gallons. When the light comes on my overhead consul it says I can go 20 miles before empty and at 17 MPG highway I’d assume I have about 1.5 gallons left. |
|
| Author: | ObiHann [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
My low fuel light wasn't on, so I must of had more than that left. Could it be possible that my fuel gauge is reading wrong? Cause 50L of gas, would of been 3/4 of a tank, if my tank was actually at 1/8 or less, than I would of had to purchase over 60L of gas... |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maximum Carnage wrote: I won't bet on their being 3 gallons of fuel left in the tank when the light comes on. I would think MAYBE 2 gallons. When the light comes on my overhead consul it says I can go 20 miles before empty and at 17 MPG highway I’d assume I have about 1.5 gallons left.
Check your owners manual. That is what is written in mine. |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
18.5 gal? I have never been able to get close to that number when filling my wifes 02 pre-lowered, even when bone dry. I thought the older ones had a smaller tank? |
|
| Author: | chefdab [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
18.5 gal. was the smaller tank. For 03 it went up to 19.5 gal. and I think it went to 20.5 gal. in 04 where it has been since. |
|
| Author: | iambob [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My 03 has 18.6 per the book in my glove box. A few sites I have looked at show 18.5, but im sure .10 gal of gas don't make much of a difference when you are down that low. I have read a post here that the light goes on at 2.5 gal. I am waiting for the build sheet for Jeep im sure it will be listed there. |
|
| Author: | RespectMyLibertay [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Many people on this forum know as I do...when the EVIC says 0 miles to empty, you still have around 40 miles to go. |
|
| Author: | jaysus [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DryBones wrote: 18.5 gal? I have never been able to get close to that number when filling my wifes 02 pre-lowered, even when bone dry. I thought the older ones had a smaller tank?
I'm in the same boat with mine... but I just checked my build sheet and it said: Code: NF2S - 18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
|
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yup the 2002's have the smaller fuel tank. Last week I was able to put in 17.6 gallons... That's a record for me. I usually only need about 16 gallons to top off. Fuel light comes on at 2 gallons. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
iambob wrote: My 03 has 18.6 per the book in my glove box. A few sites I have looked at show 18.5, but im sure .10 gal of gas don't make much of a difference when you are down that low. I have read a post here that the light goes on at 2.5 gal. I am waiting for the build sheet for Jeep im sure it will be listed there.
If you open your owners manual to page 112, it says that the low fuel chime comes on when there is 3 gallons left in the tank (12 liters). This is in my 2002 manual. |
|
| Author: | jsbelljr83 [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Most I have gotten in my 04 is like 16.2, and that was well after the light came on. |
|
| Author: | ROADHAWG [ Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I got stuck on the wrong side of a forest fire on July long weekend and had to back track about 75 miles to get gas and a good 50 miles of that was after the low fuel light came on. I put a record 17.5 gals. in. I am sure my build sheet says i have a 19.5 gal. tank. Maybe if the tank is filled to 100% cap. it will hold that much. Either way it would be nice to know without having to run out of gas. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Most Ive put in mine is 17 gallons. I ran the DTE to 0 and drove it another 15 miles or so. The 2004 has a 19.5 gallon tank. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's always nice to carry extra fuel, I'm putting a transfer tank in the back of my truck. On the KJ, I'm limited on options, so I plan to carry a 5 gallon jerry can on the back of a RL bumper. |
|
| Author: | iambob [ Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just got my build sheet & I got 18.5 gallon tank so my book is wrong it had said 18.6 gallon. Glad I havnt had to depend on that final .10 gallon lol. The most I haev put in tho was 17 gallon. |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My '03 has the 18.5 gallon tank. The furthest I've gone on one tank was around 340 miles and it took 17.5 gallons to fill it until it was literally spilling out of the filler port. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|