It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rear cargo window leak ...not just me?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:52 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:45 pm
Posts: 21
Location: Southern Illinois
Ok i have had this on and off again problem with my passenger side cargo window leaking.. but not everytime it rains .... i have seen other KJ owners having the same problem on the same window(YouTube(unbelievable)). Just wondering if anyone on this forum has had the same problem and what they did to correct it... I have checked my rear brake light and its not getting in there. Just looking for some input... :shock:

_________________
05 CRD BLACK LMTD
RECALLS DONE
PRETTY MUCH STOCK
W/SOME TOW HOOKS/REVO'S

GET IN THE MUD A LITTLE BIT BUT NO MAJOR OFFROAD STUFF "YET"
NO "MAJOR" PROBLEMS SHE IS A BEAUTY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:00 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Westchester, NY
I had the same problem and I only noticed the leak once. I didn't know where it came from though. I noticed it the morning after a really bad rainstorm and my $200 apiece college textbooks, which were in the cargo area, got soaked. I brought the Jeep in to the dealership and they said they could not find any leaks or reproduce the problem but acknoweledged that there was definitely a leak somewhere because my cargo area was quite wet. They told me that they blasted all the seams with a garden hose and nothing continued to leak but since it had leaked already they went ahead and replaced some seals anyway. I haven't had the problem since but, then again, I don't really have any way of knowing if small leaks still occur because they would just drip down the window and behind the trunk panels.

_________________
'06 CRD Limited, Jeep Green
-Texon Hi/Low HID w/Philips Ballasts
-17" Jeep Oasis wheels
-245/65/17 Destination A/Ts
-PML Alum. Diff. Cvr.
-Custom intake (pre-turbo)
-Custom Sound System w/fully damped interior
-MBRP Stnls Exhaust
Works in Progress:
-Boost and EGT A-Pillar gauges
-Painless Striker I


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:27 am
Posts: 2247
Location: Woodward Ave
Take it to the dealer and have them reseal the window.

_________________
02 Liberty Limited
Silver Outside & Taupe Inside
Heated Seats, Sunroof & Infinity speakers
USA Spec I-Pod adaptor, Mopar Sub, Garmin GPS
Tow Package, Select-Trac
Rock Rails, Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am
Posts: 1845
Location: Monterey Bay, Ca
My dealership says it's because of my after market roof rack. They say we must have screwed the bolts in too far and poked through the roof and that's letting rain in. Wow, great that the roof is that thin huh? It doesn't do it all the time, and luckily it doesn't rain here much.

_________________
Nanette

03 Freedom with some neat stuff done to it that I learned about here.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com