| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| slotted/drilled or standard rotors? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34843 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jelohead [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | slotted/drilled or standard rotors? |
ok, 90,000 miles, time for brakes....standard front disks, or drilled/slotted...whats the consensus |
|
| Author: | Jeep Dawg [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DAMM BOB where ya been dude? I go with slotted. I have 132K on my KJ still factory rotors. slotted allows the heat to disapate faster. |
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Powerslot rotors & ceramic pads, that's my setup, stops better than it did stock |
|
| Author: | jelohead [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I was considering EBC Green Stuff pads and EBC zinc colored slotted disks |
|
| Author: | ROWA [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Go with the slotted rotors, they are better than the drilled rotors in dissipating heat. I am in the same boat, I am looking at replacing my brakes, I will go with the slotted rotors, don't know about the pads yet. |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I went from stock brakes to Powerslots up front. They made a very nice difference. A couple days after an alignment and rotation at the stealership, the rotors suddenly warped and the calipers went bad. I had Midas replace the rotors, calipers, and put on their ceramic pads. It stops just as well as it did with the Powerslots again. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|