| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Just about to hit 100k mi!! What maintainence to do? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35189 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fishin' Dave [ Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Just about to hit 100k mi!! What maintainence to do? |
05 Liberty Sport with the 3.7, auto, 4x4. I have used and abused this jeep and have not done anything but wash the k&n and change the oit. Looking to do a tune up/100k maintainence. So, spark plugs......o2 sensor?? ....what else?? |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The spark plugs should be changed every 30,000miles. PVC valve(every 30,000miles) Coolant flush T-stat upper/lower radiator hoses Brake flush(check brakes)(every 2-3 years) Serp belt/tensinor(every 60,000miles) P/S flush Trans flush+filter(every 30,000miles) T-case fluid change(every 60,000miles) Fuel filter F/R diff fluids(every 12,000miles) Your lacking on your basic maintance,doing half of the above will actually ruin your KJ from the fact you will free up the sludge and wreek havoc on your components. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have had a bunch of vehicles go over 100,000 and never considered 100,000 any different than 30,000 just do the regular maintenance, mines at 108,000 now and getting ready to do the reagular oil change / tire rotation etc |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree with tom. Although I do things at 30k that I dont do at each oil change I think regular maintenance is best. At a minimum the axles, tranny+filter, tcase, spark plugs, belt, and hoses should be done. Make sure the proper weight is used in the axle and ONLY ATF+4 is used in the tranny. ATF+4 can also be used in the tcase. Weather or not you drop the pan or do a full flush on the tranny is up to you. If the fluid has never been changed a flush may be a bad idea. |
|
| Author: | sleeve84028 [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd also think about the fuel filter which I have heard is a PIA to change. |
|
| Author: | Fishin' Dave [ Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: The spark plugs should be changed every 30,000miles.
PVC valve(every 30,000miles) Coolant flush T-stat upper/lower radiator hoses Brake flush(check brakes)(every 2-3 years) Serp belt/tensinor(every 60,000miles) P/S flush Trans flush+filter(every 30,000miles) T-case fluid change(every 60,000miles) Fuel filter F/R diff fluids(every 12,000miles) Your lacking on your basic maintance,doing half of the above will actually ruin your KJ from the fact you will free up the sludge and wreek havoc on your components. recomendations on plugs? all other parts fine from autozone?? |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I use autolite double platinum plugs. Those or the NGK copper core plugs are good. Yea, you can get all of that at autozone. |
|
| Author: | hooperswish [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
'05 with 100 thousand? Man, I got an '06 with 16 thousand. My big fear is that 10 years from now i will be tooling on down the road, and you guys will have moved on to new vehicles and there will only be a few of us left....LOST will really be lost.... |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Man I have to hurry up I only have 109,284 on an 04!!! and hooperwish, theres enough of them (KJs) around here that they will be on the road for years and most all of us will always be LOST...one way or the other |
|
| Author: | Fishin' Dave [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
dude, I live 30 miles from walmart and mcdonalds and 103 mi one way to work. I have done NOTHING but change the oil on this jeep. That should give you hope. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Know what you mean I used to drive 98 miles one way to work everyday as well. Doesn't take long to add on the miles, and I did that in a full size Bronco and the Cherokee, switch them every week! |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
sleeve84028 wrote: I'd also think about the fuel filter which I have heard is a PIA to change.
I haven’t heard of any clogging concerns with the fuel filter at 100,000 miles, but I agree, it might be worth doing. If I were doing it, I would probably go ahead and change the fuel pump also. Might be overkill, but it would be a good time to do it. |
|
| Author: | hooperswish [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: and hooperwish, theres enough of them (KJs) around here that they will be on the road for years and most all of us will always be LOST...one way or the other
COOL!!! Group hug |
|
| Author: | TnRebel [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My 06 Liberty is about to turn 20,000 miles what should I do for maintenance LOL Not kidding that's all I have on it and I bought it new. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|