LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

For all you speeders ;))
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35401
Page 1 of 2

Author:  zzack92 [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:36 pm ]
Post subject:  For all you speeders ;))

Does anyone have a radar detector that they use that they like or actually work?

Author:  lionseye640 [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

I use the Cobra XRS 9840 and really like it. Never gotten a ticket using it. Here's the link to information about it
http://www.cobra-radardetectors.com/product/XRS-9840

Author:  DryBones [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

illegal in Virginia so I can't help.

Author:  Fulltimer [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Should be illegal everywhere. Just my thoughts on the subject and not meant to offend anyone. :lol:

Terry

Author:  jjbroze [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

I used the Escort Passport 8500 X50. It has saved my butt many times.

Author:  David Jr [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

a 20 year old cobra trapshooter. saved my but quite a few times. :twisted:

Author:  LIV42DY [ Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

since I know a few State Troppers in New Jersey :D dont even waste your time, If they want you.. they will get you. Just stick to the speed posted, its the safest way to do it, for you and those around you.

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:07 am ]
Post subject: 

I use a UNIDEN 360 laser/radar. LOVE IT.
I don't speed. I only use it to see when I get painted and at what speed I am doing just in case.

Author:  MNKK [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 am ]
Post subject: 

Fulltimer wrote:
Should be illegal everywhere. Just my thoughts on the subject and not meant to offend anyone. :lol:

Terry


Its not illegal until it interupts the laser signal back to the officer. Bad news for you then, I think it becomes a federal matter when you do that.

Not FAA certified or something.

Author:  KJ Taz [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am ]
Post subject: 

We have one in one of the company vehicles, supposed to be a high end Cobra. I hate it as it goes off at about the same time I see the officer on the side of the road. To me that doesn't do much good. I will say that I am not one to speed more than a couple of miles over though and I won't waste my money on one.

Author:  lionseye640 [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm not a huge speeder either, but I like my radar detector because it alerts you to emergency vehicles too (comes in handy if there's a ton of traffic & you can't see the emergency vehicle & you're listening to the radio)

Author:  Xodius [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have no recollection of my speeding...ever :D Here in Nevada it is open enough so that you do not need one. Besides Speed Limits are just suggestions. Oh and I Plead the 5th :D

Author:  JL Rockies [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

MNKK wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
Should be illegal everywhere. Just my thoughts on the subject and not meant to offend anyone. :lol:

Terry


Its not illegal until it interupts the laser signal back to the officer. Bad news for you then, I think it becomes a federal matter when you do that.

Not FAA certified or something.


Actually, the FCC has noting to do with laser, so interupting laser is not illegal. So laser guns will tell the officer he's been jammed and that can open another can of worms.

Author:  Albert [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine is a cordless Cobra and it is collecting dust in the garage. I try to stay within 5mph of the posted speed mostly.........but every once in a while I "punch it" getting on the interstate.....ya know, like a redneck fuel injector cleaning, and to stretch it's parts.

Author:  David Jr [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

LIV42DY wrote:
since I know a few State Troppers in New Jersey :D dont even waste your time, If they want you.. they will get you. Just stick to the speed posted, its the safest way to do it, for you and those around you.


I know every speedtrap on I-295, rt-70 to Lakehurst, rt37 to Seaside Hts, and a few other roads i will not mention.

Author:  Guest [ Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

JL Rockies wrote:
So laser guns will tell the officer he's been jammed and that can open another can of worms.



We've been jammed.

What flavor is it?

Raspberry.
Image

BTW...

Speeding? in a KJ? Seriously?

Why?

Author:  rescu2000 [ Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:01 am ]
Post subject: 

If they still make them, The Valentine One used to be the bomb a few years back. I have a whistler and it is so/so. I've gotten a ticket with it (11 bands of detection) and it never went off, the cop was two lanes over to the right of me, AND he was rolling in the same direction I was. Oh, and there were cars (traffic actually) between us. But he claims he clocked me... uh... liar.

Author:  CM [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Valentine detectors are still made and are one of the best! www.valetine1.com

Author:  CM [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Valentine detectors are still made and are one of the best! www.valentine1.com

Author:  L.O. [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Two problems with radar detectors:
1. Troopers here in Texas use instant on radars....they only give off a signal as they read your speed. By the time your detector goes off, they have you.
2. Many brands are set to be nowhere near as sensitive as they used to be. With so many other signal sources nowdays, your detector would be giving you many false alerts if the sensitivity was as high as it was, say 10 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/